VISVIM FW15

emixam

• 2 weeks later...

Old news but tried on the Iris liner today. Definitely TTS.

And surprisingly warm for something so slim.

Virgil's are narrow (i got wide feet), so would size up 0.5

i have narrow feet and sized down 0.5 and they fit perfect. *no socks. my first pair of virgils. comfy as hell.

never been a huuuge vis fan, but it's nice to see a somewhat 'pure' ma-1 that actually finishes just above the beltline and isn't worn 3 sizes too big + has lots of other stupid shit all over the place. still, i won't dare ask what the retail is.

It seems to be very soft and more like a regular jacket with an MA-1 cut than an actual MA-1. Not saying it sucks but not a typical MA-1 if these photos are to be believed.

It seems to be very soft and more like a regular jacket with an MA-1 cut than an actual MA-1. Not saying it sucks but not a typical MA-1 if these photos are to be believed.

Main difference is trad ma-1s are filled with polyester batting and this is baffled with down feathers so it'll be much less "poofy" maybe a bit less structured. Also the nylon they are using is a high density heavily washed nylon that is natural dyed so it won't be as shiny as a trad ma-1

Don't mean to talk shit, but is anyone else disappointed in the leather quality on the most recent Virgil drop? Most wide release for the Virgil so far but the leather just doesn't seem like a good shoe leather. It's very thin and also stretchy. Bad combo for a vamp and upper. I'd expect to see this leather on a gusset/tongue or maybe as a liner but not on the entire upper...  <_<

The point of kangaroo leather is to provide high strength but low weight and good flexibility. The hide can be split several times and still provide comparable strength to much more robust leathers. The roo leathers are always pretty thin but they withstand a beating, I wouldn't worry too much...

Edited by Fycus

Just go my Virgil Boots-Folk Kangaroo boots in the brown color way.  The leather feels like butter.  The initial fit feels good and I would say is true to size.  I normally wear a US size 11 in all Visvim footwear including Hockneys, FBTs, and Serra boots but have both a Patrician boot and a Grizzly boot in size 10.5 that fit great as well.  For a Japanese brand I'm always a little suprised at how narrow Visvim boots tend to run.  Asian-fit footwear normally runs wider in the forefoot.  I would say these Virgils have an average to slightly narrow fit. I'm lucky because I have a narrow foot shape.  I bought these from Haven.  Shipping was on point.

Visvim%20Virgil%20Boot-Folk%20Kangaroo%2

• 2 weeks later...