Denim in singapore.

CaptMomo

pm damienos, he's the owner, and he'll help you out.

well i don't know if you want to consider Dior Homme at club21, Evisu at Redwolves...they're denim too. Actually at Seah St carries Earnest Sewn and Yen Black and Red Label jeans by Michiko Kishino

and i'm not sure you can say the denim "scene" is picking up...there's no scene in singapore whatsoever. i've just spotted my first pair of nudies walking around yesterday, and i don't even think they were dry. so we're pretty much buying expensive, but washed jeans. which is cool, but pretty much regular stuff.

Pop down Haji lane there's a couple of stores, one selling Japanese import jeans the other, Edwin, LVC and stuff like that. Also check out the second hand store opposite The Attic, I think both are in the Pacific Mall, that place has loads of second hand pairs of R45rpms, sugercanes etc.

I'll try and remember the two stores which stock Nudie and the other stocking APC.

Currently I'm still not impressed by the selection of denim in Singapore. But with the extremely humid weather I'm not surprised. I hope the standard of denim in SG does get better.

Does anyone know where to get big sizes for decent denim brands? It was relatively easy in LA but now in Singapore its rather difficult. Any information would be appreciated.

pm damienos, he's the owner, and he'll help you out.

well i don't know if you want to consider Dior Homme at club21, Evisu at Redwolves...they're denim too. Actually at Seah St carries Earnest Sewn and Yen Black and Red Label jeans by Michiko Kishino

Actually carries much more than that. Check out actually.com.sg.

The guy who runs the store is pretty fanatical about jeans himself.

Pop down Haji lane there's a couple of stores, one selling Japanese import jeans the other, Edwin, LVC and stuff like that. Also check out the second hand store opposite The Attic, I think both are in the Pacific Mall, that place has loads of second hand pairs of R45rpms, sugercanes etc.

I'll try and remember the two stores which stock Nudie and the other stocking APC.

1. Went to the Haji Lane shop selling Japanese imported jeans. Really cheap jeans but mainly stuff I have never heard before among a sprinkling of Levis, Wranglers, CK and Guess. Pretty cheap though.

2. Not sure which is the store you are referring to in Pacific Mall. Never heard of Pacific Mall but I have been to Pacific Plaza. Will check out Pacific Plaza if the shops are really there, when opportunity presents itself.

the shop rirawin meant was bros product in FEP where they do have some apcs, levis, a fairy new supreme in slim fit etc

Do they still have them? Haven't been in the store since they redecorated/renovated. Last time I saw the Supreme denim wasn't selvage though, not sure it was raw either.

hey, the shop's just further down from katong shopping centre. i believe they are going for around $330sgd. the owner's also a forum member here and friendly too! hopefully he can help you out with your further queries

map : http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel.php?travel_id=1&travel_site=63606

Excellent. I saw somebody wearing a pair of Imperials just the other day.

hey, i reckon rirawin got mixed up due to the close proximity of the 2 shopping centres. but the one he is refering to is Far East Plaza. all the stores mentioned in his post are on the 4th floor.

as for front row and style nordic they are located around ann siang area.

jz3: i suggest you check out Actually.... at seah st for edwin jeans cos from my experience their sizes tend to run on the big side. hope this helps!

Actually carries much more than that. Check out actually.com.sg.

The guy who runs the store is pretty fanatical about jeans himself.

i go down to Actually quite frequently, and yes...the store is very well stocked. but in terms of jeans it's really only got ES, edwin, cheap monday, yen of note. i'm assuming drdenim and the other brands they carry are not what you guys are looking for...

of course they also stock other things - le tigre for example, is coming in october after the warehouse screwed up their men's stock. tees, bags, shoes, wallets, etc, etc. but prices are pretty crazy.

the owner's quite cool but he's not so good with his technical details...very nice guy though.

rirawin i never got back to you regarding dropping by while you were in town, apologies about that!

hahaha, -shrugs but i have seen nudies, cheap mondays and even the occasional imperial around. k, i guess you do have a point but i just felt that the denim "scene" in singapore could use some updating.

you've got to tell me where you hang out, i want to see some imperials myself too! although admittedly i stay out of orchard wherever i can - i like the quieter bits of town like bras basah, beach rd, rochor and arab st...as well as boat quay. i hate crowds, they make me feel like extending my claws.

you've got to tell me where you hang out, i want to see some imperials myself too! although admittedly i stay out of orchard wherever i can - i like the quieter bits of town like bras basah, beach rd, rochor and arab st...as well as boat quay. i hate crowds, they make me feel like extending my claws.

i saw 3 guys wearing nudie and 1 guy in imperial at zouk last Saturday. Anyway Nudie is kind of a common sight now. i been seeing alot of people wearing around town. Only saw one guy in dior homme raw before and he looks fuckin awesome in them complete with the rockstar look with long hair, tall and skinny. kudos to him.

i saw 3 guys wearing nudie and 1 guy in imperial at zouk last Saturday. Anyway Nudie is kind of a common sight now. i been seeing alot of people wearing around town. Only saw one guy in dior homme raw before and he looks fuckin awesome in them complete with the rockstar look with long hair, tall and skinny. kudos to him.

oh...zouk.

Hi guys!

Yup. Nudie is getting really popular now.

Saw a secondary school boy poring over the literature that came with the jeans at a bus stop!

Also, was at Robinson the other day and saw a jeans with almost the exact back pocket stitching as nudies. Can they do that?!?!

Still rocking my Raw Black Imperials for about 3 weeks now...taking much longer to fade though.

Anyone know where we can get chain-stitching done in Singapore?

hey TIP, i frequent those areas too! hahaha, crowds + singapore's humid weather is killer for sure. anyway, i see them all over orchard basically, from heeren to lido.

hi damien, do u stock imperials in sz29?

i think he's only got 30 and up...

yeah hey Capt if you see a pair of skinny legs walking in what looks like APC around the arab st shisha places come up and say hi

damien, i don't think there're chainstitching machines here...i've asked some fashion design student friends and even they're not sure.

i go down to Actually quite frequently, and yes...the store is very well stocked. but in terms of jeans it's really only got ES, edwin, cheap monday, yen of note. i'm assuming drdenim and the other brands they carry are not what you guys are looking for...

of course they also stock other things - le tigre for example, is coming in october after the warehouse screwed up their men's stock. tees, bags, shoes, wallets, etc, etc. but prices are pretty crazy.

the owner's quite cool but he's not so good with his technical details...very nice guy though.

rirawin i never got back to you regarding dropping by while you were in town, apologies about that!

I think Actually being quite small scale dont bring in that many pieces of denim, and usually they bring in the more popular sizes.

The prices are not exactly expensive compared to the prices on line, taking into account shipping and freight. But they dont have any store wide sale yet. They do have sale on selected items though.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi i'll be travelling to singapore soon and can u let me know the exact address of club21 and redwolves where i could get the dior homme and evisu

Thx

Hi!

1. Dior Homme is available at a store called Club 21 Men inside the very posh Four Seasons Hotel, which is found at Orchard Road. You can take a taxi there or take an MRT & drop off at Orchard MRT and walk there. There are buses to take there but you would have to ask people where to stop.

The store is located on the first floor & it has a basement level and a mezanine level. You cant' miss Dior Homme, but you could ask the sales staff. Basically Club 21 won't carry the full range and may even carry 1 piece for each size.

The prices would be normal price and hence quite costly since there is no sale.

2. Redwolves is at the end of Club Street. Don't know the exact address but its next to Venue, which sells the posh Puma shoes and Raf Simons. Red Wolves I understand would only carry the limited edition Evisus and RMC jeans. I think there would not be any sales in Redwolves too.

Club Street is a street full of restaurants and is near the Central Business District where the offices are. Redwolves I think closes on Mondays. If you are around Redwolves, check out Venue and also Frontrow which carries APC and Kim Jones and Fab & Jo and other stuff. Frontrow is at Ann Siang Road, about 5 to 10 min walk away.