chris w.

Vegan Footwear

Thread for footwear that doesn't use animal products. (ie. Leather)

I've been having a hard time finding some new shoes that fits this criteria as well as being well-crafted and aesthetically pleasing.

http://www.honestby.com/en/product/446/shoes/amazon-derby-black.html

p. sick for the most part, and they look pretty fly, although I wore them during summer and the two shoes melted together while I was sitting...so....They have lasted me longer than I expected them to with their composition though.

edit: they're sold out in black, but if you like silver...

Edited by Supercilious

Depends what style you are after.

I used to rock DC skate shoes back in the day because they were one of the few skate shoes made entirely out of synthetics. These days leather has crept into my wardrobe and Im not so picky any more.

Shoes like converse and vans would be vegan friendly no ?

No idea on dress shoes or boots options, but definitely most Vans and Converse are Vegan. I know that Emerica also offers some Vegan shoe options. 

-Edwin

rick is pushing some vegan toecap-less Ramones for SS15 here/ on oki-ni

would assume that most DRKSHDW footwear options are more or less vegan anyway, wonder why it's worth mentioning here

C2EPEGJ.jpg

Story Mfg just finished their pre-orders for these creepers, which look pretty cool.

QLjeRXyl.jpg

Rombaut is 100% vegan. Some styles are Good, some are rather derivative. The materials and make are nice. Not all shoes that just lack leather are Vegan - you need to be mindful of the rubber, glue and dyes that are used.

ROMBAUT-SS15-web_Page_03-copy.jpg

Edited by homme.homme

would assume that most DRKSHDW footwear options are more or less vegan anyway, wonder why it's worth mentioning here

Often DRKSHDW has a leather toecap and/or lining.

http://www.honestby.com/en/product/446/shoes/amazon-derby-black.html

p. sick for the most part, and they look pretty fly, although I wore them during summer and the two shoes melted together while I was sitting...so....They have lasted me longer than I expected them to with their composition though.

edit: they're sold out in black, but if you like silver...

I'd be pretty pissed if 600 euro shoes melted together like that.  Did you contact the company or get any compensation or anything?

I'd be pretty pissed...

No, but they weren't like permanently melded, they were sliding and sticking to eachother, like melted chocolate.  They came apart easily and they're not much worse for wear after a little smoothing out with my finger, so I didn't write or anything.  I guess I already knew what could happen with the treebark and latex upper.

No, but they weren't like permanently melded, they were sliding and sticking to eachother, like melted chocolate.  They came apart easily and they're not much worse for wear after a little smoothing out with my finger, so I didn't write or anything.  I guess I already knew what could happen with the treebark and latex upper.

Oh OK, that's pretty cool then.  Still wearable and such, then?  How did you size them?

Oh OK, that's pretty cool then.  Still wearable and such, then?  How did you size them?

Yeah, they're just as wearable as before, the tree bark is just coated with latex, not laced with it, so it's still perfectly intact.  They fit a little bit roomy, like a half size to a size, so if you're in between sizes, size down.

I have a suede shoe that has those "long hairs" anyone know how to fix it? Looks fuzzy as hell.

wrong thread muchacho

Please redirect me to the correct one this is a serious question.