Sign in to follow this  
lysosome

BUG 008 - FILESTORE321 REDIRECT MALWARE

whenever I visit supertalk via google I occasionally see this, the regularity of which seems completely arbitrary:Filestore321_com_-_Your_File_Hosting_and

using the browser's back and forward buttons always gets the page to show.

edit: sorry for the blurry screenshot...

Edited by lysosome

yeh. this is completely weird. just tested and got same results...

do you know when this first started?

we noticed some weirdness with google stats about 2 weekends ago but haven't been able to pinpoint the cause...

this *might* be related...? or a clue...

have sent tickets to all the techs.

thanks!

it's malware. it's sucking all new users google search result links off to that spam site. uuurck. 

techs trying to locate the source code. so far not so easy... bleh.

will update as we get new info...

great (that you guys are aware of it I mean). thanks. was starting to get a little paranoid

edit: sorry, didn't see your first post. max a month ago? definitely a fairly recent phenomenon. Hope you guys get it worked out.

Edited by lysosome

http://blog.sucuri.net/2015/02/analyzing-malicious-redirects-in-the-ip-board-cms.html

this is a nasty muthafucker piece of shit redirect malware. it takes links on google/facebook that should go to supertalk off to spam sites. 

if anyone notices this when linking to supertalk [or any other forums for that matter...] please report it here...!!

this is supposed to be a browser only bug on windows OS but it is also affecting forums and browsers on macs. [chrome/firefox etc.]

we have been able to temporarily plug it on the website - but it seems to be mutating and finding new ways to inject code.

seems it's currently one step ahead of techs...

trying to get to the bottom of it - and the more info the better...

uuuurK.

i was getting the redirect for a while too which seems to have stopped for now but not sure because i haven't accessed sufu through google in a while. it was also redirecting to adultfriendfinder and other adult advertisements as well fwiw.

don't know if this is related in anyway, but i've been trying to login through mobile (chrome) since yesterday and i can't proceed due to this word-for-word notification stating "Your connection is not private" "Attackers might be trying to steal your information from supertalk.superfuture.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards) NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID"

i got a similar notification pop-up when i tried logging in through desktop yesterday but i just x'd out and logged in anyway