Biker Rings/Vintage Jewellery thread

GregoryH

^I love anything whirling log/Fred Harvey era which really goes with the whole denim/vintage aesthetic! Ironic since Fred Harvey pieces were basically the jewelry that was sold to tourists back in the day (more "mass produced", thinner materials, etc.) and people like us are still seeking it, however they hold a special place historically and really are beautiful.

These days I've been collecting more contemporary pieces (80's and younger) and really enjoy inlay/micro inlay along the lines of Jim Harrison or Ervin Tsosie, but am trying to study more on the different turquoise mines, rarity, etc. that goes into understanding the value both intrinsic and monetary. Cool to own pieces of guys who've won countless awards and accolades within the Native American community, and have works published by the Smithsonian, books, displayed in museums etc.!

Jim Harrison examples:

16977474829_277cf5e51d_z.jpg

16541217364_3f8556bedc_z.jpg

Ervin Tsosie examples:

17163622045_62db17fd92_o.jpg

16977474299_8daa3fbfbe_o.jpg

I have a Jim Harrison bracelet on the way, will post pictures once it arrives!

As promised, here is my Jim Harrison bracelet that came in:

17229295385_3377c9abf1_z.jpg

Neat fact on this piece is that it includes Lander Blue turquoise; A mine from which only 100 lbs of this "spiderweb turquoise" was ever mined. This is from the 1980s, however I do have a modern bracelet of his coming in as well.

I'm not worthy! I really love these pieces; I haven't heard of Maloney before, but it looks like he's Navajo too. This ring of his looks great:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/mavazi/item/navajo-ring_021/

(It's a nice shirt, what is it?)

On my end, I just won a First Arrow's cuff bracelet on eBay, so I'll post some pics when that comes in.

Thanks Iron Horse! The Native American jewelry scene is deep and I've really bit the bug as of late...Not a good thing since there's so much to "collect" and so little money to spend between that, denim, boots, etc lol

The shirt is a FH western chambray bought off the Self Edge Que Pasa sale a few months back. If I'm not wearing my Full Count jacket, I'm likely wearing the FH chambray or my Mister Freedom Appaloosa...

More updates tomorrow; I have another Jim Harrison!  :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a handful of goodies from Taro Washimi on the way, I'll post when they come in. Until then, a couple shots:

Got some First Arrow's earrings for my girlfriend when we visited Tokyo last month:

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-18%20at%2011.00.

First Arrows collection

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-27%20at%2010.36.

A Zippo lighter I picked up; not jewelry, but I dig the design. I might get someone to customize a plain Zippo with a silver feather and medicine wheel.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-18%20at%2010.52.

Edited by Iron Horse

• 3 weeks later...