Biker Rings/Vintage Jewellery thread

GregoryH

I didn't search but I feel like this thread makes the most sense in the superdenim realm, post your vintage rings/jewellery etc. Mexican biker rings, signet rings, cocktail rings...whatever

Recent ebay purchase, 70's Avon horseshoe ring 

i5y9tc.jpg

1983 Class ring scored off eBay a couple years ago.

Beautiful ring! Same year I graduated and fits perfect.

One of my favorites.

feewkx.jpg

Edited by Wörn75

• 1 month later...

Scooped these guys off of the bay for cheap, 40s Mexican biker ring inspired brass (i had them on upside down for a reason, cant recall what it was haha)

sb29hi.jpg

Edited by GregoryH

Surprised no Goro's so far!

Personally I'm a huge fan of Fred Harvey era jewelry and this is one of my favorite Whirling Log pieces that I own:

16023523891_df4425bef7_z.jpg

There's a guy over on Fedora Lounge that does beautiful work, I hope to buy from him some day (not my photo):

16755773949_aaf347eef3_z.jpg

Goros is super cool but just so crazy expensive and impossible to get, I think it's too expensive for what it is and overhyped.

Maybe I oughta just head down to the Rose Bowl and search for some vintage jewelry.... probably more in my price bracket!

Nice iron horse, love those feathers!

I've been wanting to start a feather pendant necklace myself but don't know enough about the brands.  First Arrows, Arizona Freedom, Flat Head, Goros... too many choices!

Well, I guess a lot is subjective (which looks better to you) and some is obviously down to price. 

Goro's is beautiful, but I don't see the point of getting put through the ringer by Goro's anymore. I could see myself paying the prices they ask if Goro himself was making the pieces, but now that he's gone...

I like First Arrow's because a lot of their stuff is very similar to Goro's, but at a much lower price (an XL, plain, silver feather pendant is about US$200).

I would rate Arizona Freedom a bit lower in terms of design, but that's my personal opinion. Price is a little cheaper than First Arrow's; I do like their medicine wheel pendant a lot, though.

It's also worth looking into Larry Smith; a bit pricier, but some incredible designs. His feathers tend to be on the "fat" side, but the eagle head tops look gorgeous (to me).

Flat Head's stuff is very nice too, a bit on the gnarly side; hit or miss for me personally, but I would still give them a look.

It would be interesting to put together some feathers from the different brands on one necklace. I would also keep a lookout on First Arrow's' website for April 4; that's when the Inazuma West festival is in Japan, and they always offer fukubukuro (lucky bags) on their site. I got my feather shown above and another pendant (that I sold) for US$100 total from buying a lucky bag.

@aho, who's the guy on Fedora Lounge? Looks good. I should pick up something Fred Harvey on the 'bay; some of them are going for unbeatable prices.

Edit: Itsben, I see you agree about Goro's, haha. Vintage is always a good option, too.

Edited by Iron Horse

Great idea for a thread and loving the posts so far.

I'm into Tuareg jewellery and here's my little collection. Unsure of the stone of the top one, middle is ebony and bottom is just coloured glass. Hard to get an idea of scale from the photos but they're fairly large - top one is about 1 & half inches wide.

8YhopYLl.jpg

There was a spring sale at Take 5 here this past weekend, so I picked up a couple goodies, including a new heart shape First Arrow's silver feather; I'm about two small feathers away from being happy with this setup.  B) 

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-29%20at%2011.18.

Edited by Iron Horse

Unders do you listen to any of the Tuareg / Saharan blues? 

I have two albums by Tinariwen, like them alot.

Etran Finatawa is another one.

sorry for OT... love Tuareg blues myself. I've seen Tinariwen live years ago and they were super. Check out Bombino as well. great guitarist, like him even more than Tinariwen, though I hevent seen him live yet.

sorry for OT... love Tuareg blues myself. I've seen Tinariwen live years ago and they were super. Check out Bombino as well. great guitarist, like him even more than Tinariwen, though I hevent seen him live yet.

Also sorry for OT, but I have tickets to see Plant next August and man I'm psyched!

Shit fellas, we need to start a denim-head music thread before we completely derail this one!

Will check these out Volvo - as you know I'm a hard rock man so the blues is in me. Appreciate he's not Saharan blues and at the risk of being completely predictable I love RL Burnside's later heavier, stuff. 

That will be aweome Cucoo - whilst I'd love to see him get back with Led Zepp I think it's admirable that he's doing his own thing rather than just chasing the cash. He'll still play some Zepp for you though! 

Great thread! A portion of my vintage biker ring collection can be seen on my Instagram - instagram.com/manofvintage

I've been following your instagram for a while now, you have and amazing collection, if you're ever looking to sell anything, hit me up on here I would love to acquire some real vintage pieces!

I wonder, if I created a steel jewellery thread, would Superman post on it?

I heard he left all his kryptonite-inset pieces back on Krypton.

Maybe he rocks something like this?

860694532_179.jpg

Edited by Iron Horse

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought a lucky bag from First Arrow's that they were selling for Inazuma Festival, and I got two pieces; one was an arabesque cross that I'm selling, the other was a lightning bolt medicine wheel which I took to Take 5 and added to my necklace setup:

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-11%20at%2011.13.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-11%20at%2011.14.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-11%20at%2011.14.

Edited by Iron Horse