Warehouse Duckdiggers

mizanation

As far as I can tell the ones on the Own webshop are actually the 1940's.

Own has mislabeled stuff before.

When I first started getting interested in the DD'ers (proof of n00bism can be found earlier in this thread) they had the 1880 Duck, 1900's, 1930's and 1950's, shortly after they introduced the 1920's and 1940's both significantly different from the other models, featuring different details such as the reinforcement stitching instead of the rivets, crotch reinforcement, double chainstitched waist etc...

The earlier models were more simple in a way, with the 30's having the most stuff going on (beltloops+suspenderbuttons+cinch)...

• 2 weeks later...

^^ to add to CD's comment: they appear to be selling the 1920's and the 1940's. The 1920's are the quirkiest of the bunch, I'd say; Lower rise, buckle back, huge pockets and reinforced stitching PLUS double chainstitched at the hem and crotch reinforcement.

I truly hope they haven't stopped producing the 1950... that's on my short list of jeans to buy. My 1920's and 1930's (which I bought for $60 on the 'Bay, a fucking steal) are worn 2 sizes big in old school workwear style and I was thinking of purchasing 1950's true to size and wear them straight edge style...

• 1 month later...

has anyone here ordered duck diggers with own magazine?

i am interested in these (they are the frisco jeens )

https://own-magazine.com/store/produ...ducts_id=6 82

anyone ever seen them in person or knows how the sizing is?

any other shop that might carry them?

just a pity there is no raw version

• 3 weeks later...

I own the 1920's and the 1930's and judging from your taste in jeans (you're the one with the crazy Warehouse Leepros, right?), I think you'd enjoy the DD's better. I haven't seen the Warrens in person, but I think they're pretty similar to the 1001, denim-wise.

DD's have this great slubby fabric that has a nice soft hand but isn't so slubby that it's practically corduroy (like PBJ's). The styling is also a lot more aggressive on DD's, which really makes it feel like something special. Which model are you looking into?

Edit: oh yeah, and in my experience (as well as from the pair above), they fade fairly slowly and not so contrasty... it's more of a greyish blue. They stay pretty dark for a while.

ask me about warehouse, i got here about 2 times a week.

First of all, jealous! I love warehouse...

What can you tell us about the newer DD's (i.e. the ones with the leather patches instead of sticthing for the pockets?) how do they compare to the older DD's? and are they planning to phase out the older DD's in favor of the newer ones?

also, how do the new warrens fit compared to the SuFu/Dubbleworks 660?

• 3 months later...

woo hoo REAL DD's!!!

No one ever seems to stick with them for super long though... I like the 50's version, was thinking about getting that one next.

I bet those are actually super dark in real life and hardly faded.

I still have a pair of 20's I wear as comfy jeans with not much wear and a pair of 30's that are essentially DS that I snagged real cheap on ebay. At this point, I am just washing and wearing the 20's to see what type of blue they finally fade out to.

• 2 months later...

Recently picked up a pair of Duckdiggers 1920. Warehouse doesn't make the old style duckdiggers anymore. They've got the Northern Cal and Railroad jeans with the DD denim, but decortative stitching used on the 1920 isn't found on the new jeans. So, even though I wasn't planning on buying any more jeans in the next couple of years (due to the AUD tanking worldwide), when I came across a pair of size 32 Duckdigger 1920, I knew I had to get a pair now, or I might not be able to pick up a pair later. So, I ordered them from Rakuten and got them in 3 days. Though it rankles me that I'm paying for jeans that would have cost me AUD$130 less than it would have 2 years ago, I'm planning on keeping these for a long time, so it's not to bad. Some quick photos and then into the cupboard. I'll probably give these a soak and start wearing them after I'm done with my Fullcount WWII in 2010.

NB: The dry length of the waist is 34in which is just about perfect for me, since I know these will stretch back to raw length after first soak (I was umming and ahhing between the 33 and 32. I think I've got it right). The prongs on the cinchback are SHARP! Stabbed myself by accident when I was handling them for the photos. I think there's a disclaimer about them on Earthmarket (there's a size 33 left if anyone's interested).

• 4 weeks later...

Having done a search, I'm not really sure where else to post this...

Just got the #700 cinch-backs from BiG, put em in for the soak...fit is still wayyy to large from the knee down, some tapering will definitely be in order, but I'm very happy with the stiff factor

• 1 year later...