Osaka or Kyoto?

okisan

that park was pretty cool - great scenery & location. you can either just drive there yourself and pay when you get in, or local operators run paid tours up there.

My friend and I went there by buses - firstly from Tokyo to Nagano (approximately 4hrs), then another bus journey from Nagano to Jigokudani (1hrs 30mins).....this was the cheapest way to get there but if you have your Japan Rail Pass, you can go to Nagano by Shinkansen (bullet trains) and much faster and save your time, too. Enjoy!

http://www.jigokudani-yaenkoen.co.jp/

Edited by Naoto

headed to kyoto for the first time in 7 years so this thread is handy. thinking of taking a day trip to nara and another to hakone to see the open air museum. basing my stay out of kyoto as a central location.

headed to kyoto for the first time in 7 years so this thread is handy. thinking of taking a day trip to nara and another to hakone to see the open air museum. basing my stay out of kyoto as a central location.

Definitely go to Nara; one day is enough, but it's a great place.

Maybe pop into the a vintage store in the arcade outside Kintetsunara station; they had a number of interesting pieces from the US (Levi's, Lee, Wrangler, etc.)