WAYWT? [Denim Version] 2015

Cold Summer

Yeah, Flash is comming correct with this shit.  Love that sweat and I would totally cop but I have bought 5 sweats in the last 3 months...

TissPDl.jpg

Quick Fit pic going out to the show we're performing at with my girl hence the matching dunk pic.

Stussy hat

Godwin hoodie

Native youth bomber jacket

DNY shirt

APC PS jeans

Nike sb dunk de la soul hightops

Invicta watch

Edited by Karasu

Karasu, don't sweat the neg reps dude we just wish we were young and skinny again 

I just don't understand why its usually the same people but don't give any feedback on improving the look or criticism why they don't like it so i can share my ideas behind it to see if any improvement can be made. 

My guess is that they don't like your hat and shoes but why should you change just because other people on the Internet don't like them. However, it seems apparent that some items are not popular on this forum and if you continue to post pictures of yourself in such attire, in all probability you'll receive further Neg reps. It's your choice.

Most people on this forum like denim/workwear/heritage type clothing and you post mostly denim/sneakers/streetwear type clothing. There really isn't a point for feedback or criticism. It would be like burger lovers telling hotdog lovers, "hey, hotdogs suck. go eat a burger." You should wear what you like and feel comfortable in.

I don't know a lot about this forum yet but I get the feeling people here are more into dressing like bikers, 1800s railroad workers, and dads that used to be 1980s hardcore kids. Brands like Stussy and Supreme might not get too much love here as those brands tend to be more about the label and design rather than fabric and workmanship. Maybe try Hypebeast.com or something? I'm not sure.

Edited by MoonFuneral

Yep... none of the stuff your wearing fits in line with the interests on this forum. Additionally, even if everything you were wearing was awesome, you could still get negged if it didn't look right.

You should be happy, this subforum is really really nice. Post that same picture in supertrash waywt and the next 20 posts will will be assholes making jokes at your expense

I generally like the community better here since people seemed to give better advice here on how to actually style pieces as opposed to the hypebeast mindset which is more trolly and less constructive I'd say.  I just would like that opinion of sufu to stay true and keep being constructive is all.  No offense or pity party intended rant over. Sorry all! :)

While I also think that your style just doesn't fit in with what most guys are posting on here, you're still wearing "superdenim worthy jeans" and personally I think that seeing how good denim fits in styles other than the mentioned "bikers, 1800s railroad workers, and dads that used to be 1980s hardcore kids" is a breath of fresh air. So just don't mind the occasional neg rep ;) 

it's the mixing and matching of brands. they simply dont go well together. first the stussy hat, then a native youth shirt. with apc jeans and the skinny cut with the dunks. the feel is way off. it feels like a "hypebeast" where one just wears whatever brands just because it's hype or a fashionable brand. even though i may be able to forgive the mashing of brands together, you'd simply didnt pull it off well. it's more that the clothes wore you and not you wore them

I agree it's not a look or mix of brands favoured on here but he's a young guy finding his own style. I cringe when I see some of the looks I tried rocking when I was young!!  :blush:

At least he's got a good start on some raws in the E3, give him a while and he'll be wearing 300 dollar jeans, flannel shirts and wabash like the rest of us.....

i don't agree that he has to be wearing $300 jeans, flannels and wabash like the rest of us to get good reps. if everyone has to look similar just to get positive reps, i think we've lost the diversity factor in forums like this where we come to share. 

what i meant was simply, as an example. if he lose those dunks for, say a pair of converse. mainly because those jeans are to skinny for a chunky shoe like dunks, or even if possible, cuffs so that it doesn't look sloppy.

other than that, well yeah, i do cringe when i look at the pics of myself 8-9 years ago. and maybe who knows, 8 years on from now, i might cringe when i look back at 2015.

201HHdw.jpg

Trying the outfit again but instead of wearing it in a fun special way for a show we were performing at toned it down for my normal work outfit.

Stussy Hat

Stussy Shirt

PRC cardigan

Elephant 3 Naked and Famous

Nike SB Dunk HIgh's.

Plain white Aperture Hoodie sorry for the sunglare

I personally am not one for brand popularity otherwise I don't think I would still be wearing Stussy or Nike SB considering the "hypebeasts" people keep referencing think these things are lame and have been for the last several years.  When I worked towards my first degree in photography I was really inspired by stussy lookbooks that my friends in the industry had and started looking into them as a brand since I liked the work and type of photographic composition they put together for their themed look books at the time and then started looking into the brand and as a skater and surfer from Japan and the Philippines originally I really liked the brand as a whole and stuck with em since.  That kind of mentality continues over to many but not all the things I wear like the cardigan that you see relatively often as a staple in my wardrobe which is made by PRC which is made by a friend of mine here in my American home town.  Before I was into raw denim I was into sneakers which my sister got me into first with Nike SB which I thought were creative and well put together and still the primary focus of my sneaker collection.  De la soul being the theme of the yellow sneakers were musical heroes to me as a kid as a skater and graff/writer/bomber whichever term you'd prefer so naturally the kicks appealed to me and I wanted to get them and find some way of styling them.  I feel like I'm getting put on the defensive for my one loud and different outfit that was an attempt to do something new and fun for one of our shows that were doing but I thought I'd once again just share some mindset and ideology behind why I wear the things I do  and did in that specific case to help filter and provide more constructive and accurate criticism while still trying to avoid seeming arrogant or cocky by not changing wearing the things I do but still listening on better ways to style them and as stated perhaps not all together at once which was an experiment that kinda flopped and can be moved on from.  Thanks all for reading and sorry for the time it took to read it all haha. :)

Like you all suggested trying using less skinny jeans to style these and pair things with a more subdued outfit.

Edited by Karasu

I agree it's not a look or mix of brands favoured on here but he's a young guy finding his own style. I cringe when I see some of the looks I tried rocking when I was young!!  :blush:

At least he's got a good start on some raws in the E3, give him a while and he'll be wearing 300 dollar jeans, flannel shirts and wabash like the rest of us.....

Amen, I wore some right shite when I was younger, only thing wrong with Karasu's kit is his jeans need a hem. I remember back in 1990/91 wearing OG Air Jordan V and VI's with huge jeans with huge rolls ups.