WAYWT destroyed my life (2015) OFFICIAL VERIFIED ☑

farmer

JJVE P#2 Felted wool henley with handwoven placket

JJVE C#3 Cotton/wool balloon pants

Uniqlo waffle tee and nike sweats worn underneath

Birkenstock londons

no hate, but what's the attraction of jan jan?

no hate, but what's the attraction of jan jan?

For me, there's so much: I love the textiles he uses - thick felted wool, superlight cotton-wool twill,  a worsted linen that feels like wool - stuff that both looks and feels great

The pattern-cutting is also very interesting: for example, the shorts I have from C#5 only have one main seam, even the pockets are constructed without pocket-bags, instead they're folded back onto themselves and sewn

And I love the space of the garments, the amount of freedom of movement and how it looks on me. I feel more at ease in them than any other clothing I've owned. Also when you get used to drawstrings, belts or suspenders just seem like a waste of time  :P

Also, if it means anything to you, all the production is done within Belgium, and while the term is often a throwaway, a lot of the work here really is artisanal - the hand-sewn patchwork pieces of P#1, the sakiori-esque handwoven fabrics of P#2, the and the similar handwoven flax pieces of P#3, hand felted headwear, all the knit-wear is hand knit - production is handled by Hilde Frunt (who has also handled the production of sample knitwear pieces for everyone from Ann Demeulemeester to Walter van Beirendonck)

Really, they're just well-made garments in nice fabrics that are fun and easy to wear, not much more I could ask for

The more pertinent question here would have been "what's the attraction of the Birkenstocks?"

fuck off lad they're well comfy

text

Makes sense. While I'm not a fan of the cut in the clothing I can appreciate the narrative that underpins the construction of the garments. For a similar reason, I own a few bbs pieces despite how often they can be associated with gothninjas or some shit.