WAYWT destroyed my life (2015) OFFICIAL VERIFIED ☑

farmer

just look up the #visvim hashtag on instagram, its literally all shitheads posting yeezy boosts and fear of god and h&m outfit grids

Visvim has been an hypebeast stapple for long though, the real nice looks by vintage collectors are few and far between.

Design wise some of the stuff is nice, but the cutting and patterns arent even close. Visvim's handwork is some of the most unreal stuff I've ever seen, the lengths they go through to produce some stuff is borderline absurd. Comebine that with razor sharp patterning and its hard to top. Kapital is a lot more kitsch and harder to wear, much less restraint in the aesthetic. 

^i did not mean to rep u.  obviously.

anyway i have more respect for kapital mainly because they've stayed true to their vision while vis on the other hand is just a joke to me.

sure vis goes to lengths in terms of production and quality (any label with money can), but do youeven  remember the original visvim?  what shit was about?  if was gawdy sneakers and stoopid shit.  label got popular just cause nakamura pretty much lived in/worked out of hf's headquarters.  then guy decides to go tribal.  reason vis shows more restraint in said "aesthetic" is cause the current biz formula works.  how you think they fund all borderline absurd production?  what i'm getting at that the label morphed radically in a relatively short duration. not alota integrity imo.

you've prolly already surmised a while back that i'm not personally into injun shit, vintage americana crappola or workwear doo doo etc etc.  however, despite my personal likes/dislikes i can respect and  comprehend designers who are able to stay true to their vision and who just do them despite the market and celeb power.  yeah kapital is kitschy, but they shouldn't be ashamed.  vis kitschy 2, maybe not as much, but vis embarrassing

In that vein I also prefer White mountaineering to Visvim. Kapital is more of a fashion/designer brand that Visvim too so of course the stuff is more out there.

If you look at K. West's outfits you see someone who likes to pile up hype stuff with no regard for the two most important things in dressing:

-correspondance between morphology and pieces chosen
-respecting the signifiers of pieces you wear, there is a big world of signification out there

Sure great dressers transgress these rules all the time, often to create interestingly jarring outfits, but you have to understand them first. Most "swagswag" entertainers just never bothered and just think it's cool cause they're "individuals/rebels". Go march off a cliff by the beat of your own drum, dumb fuck!

Just pointing out where you getting your cues from dude. You called him "SWAG GOD" on your instagram. I like him as a rapper/producer but I think he spreads fashion AIDS. At least you're not full blown infected (see the 'Post Hypebeast Pictures at Their Prime' thread on the Hypebeast forum.)

sir i never called him swag god. dont make up lies on my name. thank you.senitive thugs ya all need hugs

would u explain the correspondence between morphology & pieces chosen here? also would obv like to hear about signifiers & ur respect for them

or are u transgressing 2 create an interestingly jarring outfit, im never sure

he just looks like a qt french sk8r boi duhhhh

would u explain the correspondence between morphology & pieces chosen here? also would obv like to hear about signifiers & ur respect for them

or are u transgressing 2 create an interestingly jarring outfit, im never sure

1) I could dress like shit and not apply any of the rules I've put down and it would still not in any way devalue them. You're aware of that, right?

2) I'm wearing some basic streetwear brands like Gosha and Supreme with some super neutral basics like black jeans and white beatup sneakers to go with it, not a very challenging outfit but nothing jarring for sure, wtf are you on? Hell even the coat in the bag is a parka, goes great with streetwear.

3) I also follow personnal rules that create a certain style continuity over time (i.e. not just outfits but a wardrobe): I'm usually (90% of the time)wearing black jeans or grey slacks with white sneakers or black boots, a white dress shirt or tee shirt and a sweater or jacket. That way I can still work weird pieces in outfits but not look like a crazy person who is entirely changing looks every time someone sees me.