WAYWT destroyed my life (2015) OFFICIAL VERIFIED ☑

farmer

I know there is a good amount of barely literate pseudo-leftist morons spouting garbage and I may have sympathies for the rage the extreme-right feels at the current social order and degenerate intelligentsia that perpetuates it but they’re still fucking insane, although some are very polite, well-read psychos. I’m more of the Gilles Châtelet left wing school of thought (he wrote To live and think like pigs, a scathing and prescient portrait of contemporary market-democracies). I think young people should read more extreme right-wing authors as they're helpful to develop critical thought (and some like Drieu La Rochelle are awesome writers) but espouse less extreme-right debased thinking (“master race nigger jew feminist social justice blarhghghghghgh†type of mental vomit). Internet fascism is the fedora of political thinking.

So you're saying that if you fight ideas with ideas the 'best' ones will rise to the top?

Seeing as (the most popular form of media by far) the internet is full right wing cults of personality who can spew shit without any proof and people actually believe it. To actually get people to pick up a book whose author has probably put their professional reputation on the line to provide legit proof and citation is part of the way forward.

I don't think ideas that have been responsible for the some darkest times in human history are ideas worth having. In an ideal world you can convince someone through the internet from the comfort of your home but in the real world your experiences influence your ideas. And I'll be damned if fascists aren't the most ignorant and steadfast in their ideas, unwilling to even try a curry. In other words; that's their shit on the floor let them roll around in it.

So you're saying that if you fight ideas with ideas the 'best' ones will rise to the top?

Seeing as (the most popular form of media by far) the internet is full right wing cults of personality who can spew shit without any proof and people actually believe it. To actually get people to pick up a book whose author has probably put their professional reputation on the line to provide legit proof and citation is part of the way forward.

I don't think ideas that have been responsible for the some darkest times in human history are ideas worth having. In an ideal world you can convince someone through the internet from the comfort of your home but in the real world your experiences influence your ideas. And I'll be damned if fascists aren't the most ignorant and steadfast in their ideas, unwilling to even try a curry. In other words; that's their shit on the floor let them roll around in it.

wtf are you saying man?

If you are actually trying to talk about anything substantial, you should put a small amount of effort in to making it coherent.

what are you saying about curries???

wtf are you saying man?

If you are actually trying to talk about anything substantial, you should put a small amount of effort in to making it coherent.

what are you saying about curries???

Second paragraph is about fascists or "extreme right wingers" and how difficult it is generally to challenge people's ideas on the internet. I thought fumma was talking like an idealist, as in, ideas change the world around us. Whereas I think the opposite, the world around us influences our ideas.

The curry bit was a jok about British fascists. Use your imagination.

Edited by TIMDOT

I don't think both can be true. Because they contradict.

Do yourself and everyone a favor - shut up.

"brainwashed by society and the school system. "Let's all be equal and happy" bullshit"
"illegal aliens"
"that's the problem with liberals"
"the scum that are able to work but don't want to."
"liberals"
"the scum"

http://hypebeast.com/forums/off-topic/225483/page/2

This is the level of political discussion this man is on.

Edited by TIMDOT

^ false dilemma/logical fallacy.. you affect and are affected. dunno where a contradiction would lie 

origins (charts??) reminds me of my fb newsfeed

I think I worded it wrong.

Idealists think ideas affect the world around us.

Materialists think the world around us affects our ideas.

"you affect and are affected" By what? You affect what?

Move the convo here: 

Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)