Work bag (briefcases, messenger, totes, manbags)

damachee

So what kind of bag do you use to bring to the office?

I generally carry around a small macbook air, notebook, paperwork for meetings daily, so been using this for a while. 

1de81b9158a9ea193e484ece3fa5e7cd.jpg

Been thinking of getting a larger bag that could hold more things, and possibly a bag that could be carried like a backpack but still look proper for meetings, but haven't been able to find one online yet.

What do you carry?

A++ great thread

i'm currently on the search for a work bag as well, I carry a 15" Macbook, ipad mini, 1 maybe 2 notebooks. pencil holders are an (almost) absolute must.

DSPTCH slingpack — this one is at the top of my list because it's a unique shape that can be worn on the back, but it also has a handle on top so you can walk into meetings looking a little less childish

IMG_1391_grande.jpg?v=1415406804

Triple Aught Design Dispatch Bag — a super technical briefcase, but it's a bit too big for my purposes. i have some TAD backpacks and i trust this briefcase would be worth the price

a4fc39ade3260f12da323594fd6d1654.jpg

Property Of... Dirk briefcase — i was considering this one because it's so classic and simple, but i decided it's too Filson-y for my current tastes. 

Dirk_Laptop_Bag_Dark_Tan_2_large.jpg?v=1

KILLSPENCER Briefcase 2.0 — my grail briefcase. perfect size but a bit too pricey. the leather and the heavy duty buckles on the front ...

grey_leather_special_briefcase_1_2.png

• 3 months later...

any recommendations for $600 or under? was thinking of a filson 256 in black, but apparently the leather cracks eventually and brown shows through. mismo morris is unfortunately out of my price range.

edit: i have to wear a tie to work so some sort of 'tech'/edc thing isn't gonna fly.

Edited by conqueror

I've had this for 7 years, really like it although I don't use it that much recently:

20130928144150_534.jpg

ive been using a very similar one (mine also has a small briefcase type handle) since i bought it in japan in 2007, the metal hardware is starting to wear out but the fabric is still pristine. thought about swapping it for a 3-way because i bike a lot these days, but they're like 4x as expensive now as when i bought mine, even with the cheap yen

yeah, porter is an option. i was considering one of these two:

http://www.yoshidakaban.com/product/100906.html?p=s&p_lisize=30&p_lisort=

http://www.yoshidakaban.com/product/101118.html?p=s&p_keyword=2WAY+BRIEF+CASE&p_lisize=100&p_lisort= (might be slightly too small)

not sure if i would find the pictured hp tanker material too shiny for a formal work environment? probably would have been smarter to look at them in person when i was in jp last october...

I'm looking at getting a glorified laptop sleeve that can be carried as a backpack.

So far it looks like the best option in the field is this manhattan portage one (they have a red label and black label version - only differences I really see are a couple minor details and color options).

zqfIoDYl.png

dacHhj5l.jpg

Has anyone used this or something similar? Just looking for an excuse to stop toting my daypack with me everywhere and maybe slim my load down some.

ive been using a very similar one (mine also has a small briefcase type handle) since i bought it in japan in 2007, the metal hardware is starting to wear out but the fabric is still pristine. thought about swapping it for a 3-way because i bike a lot these days, but they're like 4x as expensive now as when i bought mine, even with the cheap yen

same here, surprisingly the fabric helds up very well. 

I cycle a lot as well and found that cycling specific bags from bag making companies are the best. I use a bagjack messenger or a dieter race bagpack on a daily basis and they're very good.

bagjack also makes nice totes:

730-01-bagjack-nxl-tote-grey.jpg

886-bagjack-2face-tote-NXL-1.jpg

Edited by freecat

• 4 months later...

I've got a decent leather unstructured briefcase/laptop bag but I'm after something in a nylon material for non client work which is half of my week. Anyone experienced Cote et Ciel products and in particular the hudson bag? looks to be the specs I'm after but don't know if the brand quality is crap or not.

What I'm looking at: 72873.jpg