Dawson Denim

Cold Summer

I've been wearing my Dawson jeans for about a month and a half now, close to a month of real wear time.  I like these a lot.  I wrote a post about these jeans.  And I finally took some progress pics today, so I figured it was time to make an official thread for them.

Ml8Ib7X.jpg

BtzuYED.jpg

nBruuRd.jpg

uspk4Jq.jpg

No washes or soaks.  Because these are sanforized I'll probably go a long time before I soak or wash them - at least until the end of next summer.  But the denim is very nice and I think it's going to look good with age.  The creases have already set in quite nicely.

Edited by Cold Summer

That's a very good write-up Cold Summer, nice to see some of the lesser-known brands being championed on here, particularly by someone who knows his stuff. It's also nice (for me, anyway) to see an English company. Those jeans look very impressive - the denim, details and construction all look top notch but unfortunately that cut wouldn't work for my thighs! I agree with your points around the whole sanforized/unsanforized debate too, my Ande Whall SR7s have probably become my favourites in a sea of high-end Japanese denim.

I'll throw in a few more links for those who are interested:

Dawson Denim at Rivet and Hide: http://rivetandhide.com/index.php/brands/dawson-denim.html

Denimhunters articles: http://www.denimhunters.com/?s=Dawson

This is the absolute best-fitting cut I've found - it's a combination of the high rise and slim thigh/gradual taper that makes it feel tailor-made for my body type.  I think people who like the APC New Standard and 3Sixteen SL fits would feel right at home in these.  And of course the fact that it's entirely made by only two people and the patterns are all individually hand-cut adds to the cool factor.

• 1 year later...

I tried these on at R&H last year (the standard sanforised denim), and they really are super jeans. They're on my radar for next big jeans purchase, but that's a way down the line.

Really interested to know how yours are looking now cold summer

Edited by holio cornolio

• 3 months later...

I haven't worn mine in a while because I stopped wearing engineer boots (my low profile foot flops all over the place inside even a correctly-sized boot) and over time I've gone back to preferring a medium rise/slightly looser waist on my jeans. I pretty much got these jeans as a narrow fit I could wear with such boots, but with sneakers or other boots I feel the hem is too wide (on my leg, anyway.) But they're very nice, I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for something outside of the typical brands discussed here, they have a really nice vibe and their offerings have only gotten better since I got mine.

Edited by Cold Summer

I caved and ordered a pair of the wide legs. Definitely something different compared to what I'd usually buy but I'm pretty excited and of course, I'll post my thoughts here when they arrive (some time within the next four weeks). I've also had my eye on that sweet wabash sack jacket for a while...

• 10 months later...

I don't own a pair but I took a good look at them when I attended their workshop open day last year and I'd probably have bought some if I didn't already have the TCB equivalent. The legs are each constructed using one piece of fabric (no outerseams) and the fabric is very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my Deck Pants a couple of days ago! Really nice craftsmanship and fabric. I could have sized down one size but I don't think it would have changed the fit that much. They are a lot wider than I'm used to but it will be nice now when the summer comes! 

Will try to get some better fit pics in a couple of days! 

20170522_192938_zpshxcdqbpb.jpg

20170520_094139_zps4mcssgwj.jpg

20170520_094201_zpsic2lt06r.jpg

Edited by tigerstrom
Worthless english

• 1 month later...

#dawsondenim #novesta

I really like the deck pants! Perfect for the summer.

I think I uploaded this pic before but I needed to find a new image host so I uploaded it again. 

Edited by tigerstrom
Double post

• 1 month later...

finally managed to pick up the package from Dawson Denim while home over the weekend...

IMG_4759_zpsd1hm7o5p.jpg

IMG_4755_zpsxrkvl5pb.jpg

IMG_4756_zpsj8xndcnj.jpg

it's their straight cut in standard denim (14.25 oz,, red selvedge). let's see if I get to do a fit and soaking session over the weekend.

also ordered the new tee:

IMG_4757_zpsf4y4b9eo.jpg

IMG_4758_zpsflvgzcee.jpg

Some detail shots of the "paperwork"...

L1020212_zpsmirnbskh.jpg

L1020213_zps7ijb2eiq.jpg

L1020214_zpswak5gkea.jpg

...and, finally, fit pics before soaking:

L1020216_zpscx13tf42.jpg

L1020217_zpsf8xqoiyj.jpg

Already, the fit is spot on - I hope it won't shrink too much. Only lukewarm soaking and little agitation this time.

Will keep you posted...

8 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

Some detail shots of the "paperwork"...

L1020212_zpsmirnbskh.jpg

L1020213_zps7ijb2eiq.jpg

L1020214_zpswak5gkea.jpg

...and, finally, fit pics before soaking:

L1020216_zpscx13tf42.jpg

L1020217_zpsf8xqoiyj.jpg

Already, the fit is spot on - I hope it won't shrink too much. Only lukewarm soaking and little agitation this time.

Will keep you posted...

They won't shrink by much dude as they are already sanforised- give them a soak by all means for the starch, but you might need to get them hemmed as the length will not shrink by much

yes, I knew it was made from sanforized denim, but it wouldn't be the first time to see it still shrink a bit...

the initial soak/wash didn't result in noticable shrinakge - will probably do a more aggressive soak/wash to get rid of the starch.

let's see how much it will stretch over time. a hem job will come after some wear.

Great info and writeup, Foxy, Dawson is a great brand that deserves more love.

I feel that my Regular jeans are a little too loose on me, but I'd definitely be interested in trying their slim tapered fit at some point. I agree with you on the craftsmanship, it's super nice.

Many thanks for the comments!

Flying into Berlin for the weekend - might go over to DC4 to get the pair hemmed...

Edited by Foxy2