Dawson Denim

Cold Summer

Whenever I click on the size chart tab it seems like the image is missing and says “the information you requested is not available. Please try again later”. Both on my phone and computer. Strange. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, JDelage said:

Got a pair of Standard in double black. Very happy with the quality of the work. The denim feels quite light but crisp and tight, nearly shiny when new. I put them in the wash.

I was taking a peek at the Dawson website the other day but I didn't see the Standard available in black (saw it in the slim and wide cuts only). Was it something you had specially made?

• 8 months later...

Quick update on the Dawson's. I'm posting here the measurements, FYI.

Model & size: Standard Fit, DD11, in 14oz double black, size 33

Waist: 34.5

Frnt rise: 12.2

Back rise: 15.7

Thighs: 12.8

Knees: 9.1

Opening: 8.9

The leg is too narrow for me (not so much the thighs but the knees) so I'm going to sell them unfortunately. The inseam is 36", as delivered.

E68E97FD-3670-403A-ABF7-8E551BCB52AA.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here,s my pair of high rise wide leg hank dyed white selvedge denim.

its very light weight denim. The high rise and the light weight make it feel more a pair of slacks/trousers more than 5 pocket jeans. It’s very well made, no wonky stuff or loose threads.

I bought at their shop/workshop , the guy owner ( forgot his name) was very enthusiastic and showed the workshop with all the old sowing machines. They use 10 different machines for a pair of jeans. 
he tried to explain what hank dy is( forgot that too) I guess I have a hard time focusing when there is so much cool stuff to look at.

here they are a few weeks in, rinsed and washed the starch out

DF268FA1-3A83-43D8-AE85-5DF5F784DDF0.jpeg

3D4D52A7-4F84-41C6-B830-F06F57F74AA0.jpeg

9C5D0141-DE6F-440A-A637-55721FC666B5.jpeg

Those look great - hank dyed is when the yarn is dyed all the way through. It’s a more expensive process. It doesn’t yield the same type of fades because rope dyed indigo basically chips off the surface of the thread. Not to say they won’t develop some character but it will be different. 

Yes definitely more subtle development expected for hank dyed and definitely very appealing 

@Broark, @goodrain and I have (or had) a Dry Bones x Self Edge (SEXDB19) collab that are natural indigo and hank dyed... subtle and pleasant dev on them, though a very different denim texture, very irregular and quirky in their own way  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...