Dawson Denim

Cold Summer

47 minutes ago, garden gnomes in space said:

looks like they make great stuff.  I'm really liking the deck jumper but fuck me, its $350 and the TCB version is $166.  

If its anything similar to the construction of the jeans... its worth it as far as Im concerned. Ive owned 3 or 4 pairs of TCB now, and I really think I would happily pay the extra money again and again for Dawson

dawson denim has been on my radar too for a long time.  i really liked what i saw on their website.  really like the full loose cuts of their denim pants.  dawson and bowery blue makers and tcb are the three brands for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cross posted from the WAYWT thread 

but..

Ive got a good little handful of days in my Wide Tapers now and I am loving them! Washed them twice and got a small bit of shrink out of them (as expected) even though they were sanforized. Finally figured out how I want to keep my cuffs, and the weather is finally warming up enough to wear some better outfits

Everything is great!

• 6 months later...
On 10/13/2018 at 5:32 PM, JDelage said:

Those look like they should be on my list. Even the regular straight looks like it's a real full cut. Does anyone have a 34 DD01 they could put measurements on?

got a W33 from a pre-Arcs run, if that helps?

On 10/16/2018 at 3:39 PM, JDelage said:

Sure, when you have some time, thank you.

DD01 - W33

waist 45.5cm
front rise 31.0
back rise 39.0
thigh 33.5
knee 24.0
hem 22.0

been worn last winter, washed probably 5 times and stretched.

18 hours ago, JDelage said:

That's great, thank you. It looks like the waist stretched a bunch!

might give it another wash over the weekend with some pics and fits...have to get the pair ready for another Scottish winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Dry British limited edition of those DD11 in W33 from a few years back - what do you want to know?

wearing them in the same size as my DD01 - more rise, more a 1950’s cut.

over the past 2 pages I have posted a couple of pics from each model.

detailing should be roughly the same, both showcase the excellent level of skills and execution one can expect from Dawson Denim.

the DD01 feature a pre-shrunk, custom denim from Japan, while the DD11 feature un-shrunk Kuroki denim. both standard editions should feature their standard leather patch and pocket fabric - by now both should come with their "new" arcs.

Dawson describes the DD01 as a 1950's and early 1960's inspired cut and refers to the DD11 as 1940's Cowboy inspired.

• 4 weeks later...

Coming up on 9 months of owning my Wide Tapers.

Unfortunately I did not count the actual days in these but I know for sure that I did not wear jeans as much this year as other years. I feel like I spent my whole year in my work clothes and work boots, or at home in sweatpants with the new baby. 

But that is besides the point, I love these jeans so much. Me and my girlfriend are planning a trip to England in April, and I am hoping to pick up another Dawson pair or jacket while Im over there

AD740534-CC66-41E2-BA2E-535871902B5C.jpeg

9DB5BFC2-A8F7-4965-8198-6A0400C3C0E8.jpeg

9726813D-7101-4ADF-A9B4-00372690BA11.jpeg

A086A3CA-92F4-4E1B-8344-FCD97920B204.jpeg

61F5CEA9-80FD-447D-98A1-D5D138B27C29.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The wide taper looks like a cool fit. Not sure I could get used to the "stone" color used for the threads though, something I would have to think about more. 

Anyone here own the wide leg fit? Not sure I could pull those ones off but they look great. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone tried out (or even seen in-person) Dawson's black denim? Really tempted by their black DD010 Wide Tapered jeans, but would like to know a bit more about the materials before getting too excited…

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 9:24 PM, julian-wolf said:

Anyone tried out (or even seen in-person) Dawson's black denim? Really tempted by their black DD010 Wide Tapered jeans, but would like to know a bit more about the materials before getting too excited…

I saw a photo a while back of Pokey Lafarge wearing the Black Wide Taper jean and they looked really great. Wasnt a super detailed photo of the jeans or anything, but they looked great with the rest of his kit

I'll see if i can set it up sometime - I'll call Scott and check if that's okay when im back? They just moved the workshop and have a baby, so not sure it'll be too convenient for me to drop in, but will ask. Sure they'll be cool though - they're very easy going.

14 hours ago, Broark said:

If you do manage to make it down there I’d love to see some photos of their black jeans. Also can anyone see the size charts on their website? I can’t seem to. 

size charts work properly for me

dawson.thumb.png.8497ede001ad6e2712c314feb275e72b.png

dawson2.png