Sign in to follow this  
ishboo

worst jobs you've had

when i was 13 or 14 (im 16 now) - worked as a dish washer at a local small pizza place. at the time i thought it was gonna be worth the money (got paid minimum, 8.00 cad at the time) but it was a fucking hellhole. i burnt myself lots and the place was tiny. basically almost child labor. pizza was good though

the chillest job i had was working at american apparel for 3 months earlier this year. i couldn't find a job and AA hired me. i couldnt stand the people i was working with though, the douchiest hipsters ever. got fired for no reason after 3 months. i always stole shit from there, alot of my wardrobe is aa

now i work at a shoe store in the world famous west edmonton mall...it's really good - i get paid commission so i make usually around 12-18 bucks an hour. a lot of bros come in though, we stock everything from jessica simpson, creative rec, ed hardy, diesel, calvin klein, steve madden, lacoste, etc. not really my type of style but whatever

hmmmmmmmm...

I had alot of jobs when I was young, always reaching. I was like the fucking Golden Boy of jobs. "Thanks, I learned alot!"

Worst one was a resident counselor at a group home. The company specialized in that unique mix of retardationxmental-illness. I can't say it wasn't rewarding. I earned a lifelong friend in a 7'-3" 350lb autistic black man who loves and visits with me to this day. Not a daily thing but I'm talking real flow between us. It sucked though. I got bit alot by pinheaded crazies.

head of shipping/dispatch at a screenprinting store. the owner was the biggest dickhead i have met in my life (to this day) and the pay fucking sucked - i don't know how i did it for two years.

Burlington Coat Factory.

Cutting grass one spring in my youth. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I have a pretty bad spring grass pollen allergy. Had to deal with weeks of itchy eyes and congestion. I didn't mind the actual grass cutting part; in fact, I found it enjoyable, it was just the allergies that resulted that made it unpleasant. Often will wear a surgical mask these days when I mow my yard in the spring, which seems to work reasonably well against the allergies.

did i post here yet?

I did industrial landscaping in 2005. I didn't make shit and lugged around a 50 pound weed-eater 8-11 hours a day. I think I got paid $7 an hour... maybe 7.25.

young and dumb, and I needed the money.

i did telemarketing for a wealth management firm

i quit on my lunch break after not even two days

i was never paid although they said they'd pay me

working full time 2 weeks moving a shipment of 10 000 pairs of shoes amongst 3 of us. Picking up heavy boxes from 8am to 5pm everday mayn having to get up at 6 to get to work DOZE HEAVY BOXES ON UR LOWER ALL DAY FML with 15 min break then 30 min break and then 15 min break shit was gay

got fired for no reason after 3 months. i always stole shit from there, alot of my wardrobe is aa

This is exactly my kind of employee attitude: "I got fired for no reason, I only called the customer a smartass!"

ironically, AA is the best job i have ever had (i've only ever really worked in retail and office temp jobs).