worst jobs you've had

ishboo

7-11 during High School

- Horrible Hours

- Not one, but two dickhead bosses. One had a speech imediment and when you asked him to repeat himself, he would get extremely angry and frustrated.

Always seeing people I knew

- Always smelled like bleach and coffee.

- Slurpee Machine is a sticky, disgusting, broken down piece of shit

- Cleaning out the trash dumpster in the dead of winter.

- Spending half an hour in a fucking freezer.

- Got robbed once right after a guy paid with a $100. Didn't get the chance to drop it, so the difference came out of my paycheck the next week. Thats when I quit.

Fuck, just remembering all this shit makes me angry. I haven't been in a 7-11 since I quit that job.

It's just like a comedy right down to the possibly mentally deficient boss.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just like a comedy right down to the possibly mentally deficient boss.

Totally. The other guy would always leave me notes in my drawer that were in the format of "You did ______ wrong. I'm not paying you to _______ the ________. Capiche?"

That "capiche" made me want to kill everyone in the fucking store.

I'm a custodian at my old elementary school over the summer. Today I cleaned the grease trap and vomited twice. And then I had to deal with jerky teachers who throw their trash in the hallway and expect me to clean it up. They're not even supposed to be in the school yet.

I used to be a golf caddy. I got paid $120 in 5 hours, but I had to carry two golf bags with four overpaid jackasses.

the worst: working as a busboy for a local restaurant junior year of highschool.

on the flipside, i had a really nice job my senior year selling receipt scanners at an international airport near my house. i got paid way more hourly than any of my friends did, and made $40 off of every $200 scanners sold, and i could sell 5 a day. better yet, it was a individually-manned kiosk, so i never had a boss checking up on me. just chatted on AIM or did my homework all day. in fact, my boss was my cousin whom i grew up with, so he basically let me do whatever the fuck i want, including closing shop 2 hours early and going home without damage to my pay. and if i was ever mad tired, i just took long naps at a departure gate. i quit once my cousin got sent to iraq and a new dick boss was hired.

Janitor- cleaning up toilets with shit and puke on them is somekinda fucked up life.did this for one summer.

retail- Gap this was cool cause I always kinda borrowed the clothes...but dealing with asshole customers and so called "team meetings type of shit" can really unerve anybody.

UPS- fuck getting yelled at to lift heavy ass boxes and forming "the wall" as its called inside the truck, that lasted about a week before I walked out.

i used to be a service engineer and part of my job included fixing mortuary cold stores (the racks where they keep the bodies) part of servicing them included getting onto the top shelf and being slid inside so that i could clean the evaporator fan area. the drainage pipes of these used to block up with skin cells from the dead people that mixed with the water and turned to thick brown sludge . the only way we found to clean these pipes was to blow down them!! i also used to get called out when the fridge units broke down in warm weather, you can imagine the smells. ah happy days!

i also used to work in a halal slaughterhouse where they hung live sheep by their achilles tendons on hooks on a conveyor system and cut their throats with a large blade and left them to bleed to death into a communal gutter. the noise they made was something else.

ermmmm?

Pics or it didn't happen?

duck, i wish the cops shared your opinion - i'd still have a clean record.

when i did that job i didn't envisage anyone wanting to see pics so i didn't take any, even if i had i wouldn't be dumb enough to post them on the internet! however it is completely true, i couldn't invent something so ridiculous. i should explain that i didn't put my lips over the pipes and blow, i inserted a clean flexible plastic pipe into the blocked pipe and blew down that.

• 3 weeks later...

Door to Door job trying to switch people from one phone service provider to another one. I only did this job for a week.

The only interesting thing that happened was when a lady offered me sex. She said "I never get to see my boyfriend. He's a truck driver and he always comes home at 3 or 4 in the morning. I only get to say hi to him." ...and then some how she changes the subject and says that " her bed is broken"

I thought this sort of a thing only happened in movies. ;):cool: :cool:

Janitor- cleaning up toilets with shit and puke on them is somekinda fucked up life.did this for one summer.

retail- Gap this was cool cause I always kinda borrowed the clothes...but dealing with asshole customers and so called "team meetings type of shit" can really unerve anybody.

UPS- fuck getting yelled at to lift heavy ass boxes and forming "the wall" as its called inside the truck, that lasted about a week before I walked out.

HAHAHAHAHAA HOLY SHIT!

I was at fed ex for something like 4-5 monhts I was 'promoted' to sorter but pissed my boss off talking back and he put me back in the trailer.

I walked out.

My walls are nice though.

• 6 months later...