Airfare to NYC - Thanksgiving?

englandmj7

Alloh folks,

I am trying to get to NYC from San Francisco this fine Thanksgiving to see my little bro and after my extensive e-searching came up with a lowest price of $359 including tax......are any of you going to the east coast during this time period? Do you think it is a decent deal?

One born-and-raised New Yorker told me that Thanksgiving is one of the worst f'in times to go to NYC because of family travel coupled with the Black Friday sales, the parade, etc. I am a frequent Fatwallet.com lurker and know of all the cheapy sites like Mobissimo, etc. I am not worried that there is a better deal out there but I am wondering if this seems to be a good deal? Last time I was out there was 3 years ago so I really have no idea.......thanks!

:D

Everyone who lives in NYC likewise leaves the city and goes some State else, so expect to rub elbows with tourists instead of locals, the night life isn't that happening, the streets are a bit dead and deserted. I've travelled once on a mad Thanksgiving day, the key is to make your flight as early as possible, mine was like 6am, I was at the airport at 4am.

Ah, well I bought them for $370 each after tax......motherfuckers had one ticket on a great flight for $321 after tax and guess what? It was actually the last seat on the goddamn flight, and since I am going with someone couldn't pull the trigger.....aargh. Oh well, it should still be fun. Thanks for the advice dudes.