Unknown Non-Japanese Brands

Megatron1505

• 1 month later...

There had been some talk about Shetland Sweaters recently and @Duke Mantee and @Maynard Friedman brought up some suggestions. 

I've talked about it also a lot with @indigoeagle. He also recommended me to take advantage of the Endclothing VIP sale. A shaggy dog is probably too much for me but i find these Jamieson's already plenty fuzzy enough. 

The colour is 'slate' and I took a size 42. Jamieson's are done with a side seam so the fit is a bit more tapered than the seamless constructed sweaters. 

20211228_192520.thumb.jpg.b85fbe300cff3f41a8199ff9045930fd.jpg

20211228_192600.thumb.jpg.509034d712ba4e4c3bed065262ffd355.jpg

Some reddish-brown tones in this overall grey colour 

20211228_192642.thumb.jpg.3167871ddbfa6a8c5e05f4f53b8866d2.jpg

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

That's the biggest "fear". And I agree, no need to wash too often. And they only recommend hand-washing if you have to. We will see.

I also ordered the same one on 'camel'. Same size, fitted a tad snugger and looked great in that regard. Didn't like the colour too much though and I think this 'slate' is easier to combine 

2010 coincided with baby-days for me so my Jamieson's needed a wash or three, my most worn jumper (Dale of Norway) has only been washed once in the many, many years ive owned it, it was bought vintage but in mint condition so i don't think it had been washed prior to my ownership.. i washed it by hand in the bathtub and the amount of dye which came out was incredible, the bathwater was like pesto. Just make sure that you dry them flat between towels, hanging can result in some misshapeness if they're heavy with water.

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

That's the biggest "fear". And I agree, no need to wash too often. And they only recommend hand-washing if you have to. We will see.

I also ordered the same one on 'camel'. Same size, fitted a tad snugger and looked great in that regard. Didn't like the colour too much though and I think this 'slate' is easier to combine 

The thing is with good wool that even when you do need to wash, it’ll take it no problem; all I meant by not washing much is that it really doesn’t need to be for normal wear - just air it.

I get quite dismayed by the amount of chat about ‘washing and wearing’ anything; it doesn’t make sense to me that we can spend large parts of our income on clothes we don’t know how to look after, which includes the fear to do anything and the fakery of making thing look ‘vintage’

1 hour ago, Geeman said:

As father of a two year old washing also has to figure into my purchase consideration. I don't wash my knitwear often but a 2 year old has a far greater damage radius than a new born!

Aye, I’ve a (near) 4 year old and she can get filthy, along with everything/one in the same room, just by drinking water

But really, good wool is very resilient and probably the most stain resistant of all natural fibres, otherwise if the fear of damage is so great just buy the machine wash stuff from a high street chain like M&S or those disposable aprons :laugh2:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posting these here- the brand isn’t unknown, but he also doesn’t do much denim, so no point in starting a thread.

Sidnaw Company denim pants, these were released about a year ago as a limited run. It’s a 16.5 oz Cone Mills denim that was then waxed by Fairfield Textiles, cut and sewn by Rusty himself. All single needle, so lacking some features you’d expect like chain stitching or bartacks. Cool copper hardware all backed with leather. Cut is fuller and roomy.

I’ve only seen waxed denim in the context of fashion, so thought this would be an interesting pair. And behold, waxed denim does fade, albeit more slowly. It also seems to be darkening in places, as you normally see on waxed fabrics that are lighter in color. Wearing these for the indigo invitational. At ~170 days before a rewax using Martexin:

1AD2E388-0D30-4A8E-BA37-1F3930003228.thumb.jpeg.42c7ecdbcac82cc4d23da4e090964a9d.jpegE1B8E1EF-54CE-4C91-A058-DAE60644F9AB.thumb.jpeg.b55f538dd2d9347bcc2bfd19a954edde.jpeg
And after a rewax:

6E9D83A1-8B02-4B5F-8115-593428F94F5A.thumb.jpeg.bc56ebfa3c2ca7f32f5b40d23682d41c.jpeg
2A2E9B2A-4519-45B9-AF9F-895D4A49A6BE.thumb.jpeg.ba20e93368ecd00bba1e8a6f15c18899.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Recently discovered Word of Mouth Jeans, a one-man-band made one by one in Italy by the very friendly and knowledgeable Simone.
While I haven't ordered a pair yet I'm on the verge, just need to sell a pair or two so I can justify it.
He currently offers two cuts, a pair of 50's and 60's inspired jeans. He is also working on a late 40's pair and some other stuff.
You can contact him via Instagram DM for more info. Maybe our friend @volvo240thebest can get a pair!
https://www.instagram.com/wordofmouthjeans/
blSV4hd.png

1 minute ago, MJF9 said:

On first glance, look interesting... thanks for the link. Anything on denim and actual sizing yet?

He shared a size chart with me on IG, not sure if I can share that or not but I'm sure he'd provide it to you via DM as well.

15 hours ago, Broark said:

He shared a size chart with me on IG, not sure if I can share that or not but I'm sure he'd provide it to you via DM as well.

Since you're a supermod now, maybe start up a new thread, and then he wont be an unknown brand(😘). His stuff looks awesome. Great thing about denimheads is we ain't partial to one brand, unless you are @beautiful_FrEaK, and it's Denime. 😘

Edited by reallypeacedoff

On 10/14/2023 at 1:31 PM, Broark said:

Recently discovered Word of Mouth Jeans, a one-man-band made one by one in Italy by the very friendly and knowledgeable Simone.
While I haven't ordered a pair yet I'm on the verge, just need to sell a pair or two so I can justify it.
He currently offers two cuts, a pair of 50's and 60's inspired jeans. He is also working on a late 40's pair and some other stuff.
You can contact him via Instagram DM for more info. Maybe our friend @volvo240thebest can get a pair!
https://www.instagram.com/wordofmouthjeans/
blSV4hd.png

He's a lovely guy, haven't seen yet the jeans in flesh. He did some very nice repairs on my tcb jeans in the past. I'm tempted to get a pair just to give him some support, but I need to loose some timber first...