Unknown Non-Japanese Brands

Megatron1505

Talking about the denim western from Bronson :)

Yours does have a bit of a fw vibe, but a lot of shirts do, like I said I feel like for some things similarities are inevitable. 

Main thing that made me think twice about the denim western was how narrow the flaps are on the outer edge of the pockets, and the way it tapers from the gussets.

Simple point, if you're saying that the Bob Dong / MF rip off is morally wrong then I doubt anyone will disagree with you.

If you take the discussion outside of that and point a finger at Chinese brands generally then you are on shaky ground. That same finger could be pointed in many directions, not just China.

hey, let's chill.  i am just very dubious of anything that is made in china and i do mean everything.  i have made the decision not to buy anything from a chinese company.  my choice. 

i kid you not about the soya sauce.  they have found fake soya sauce being made from human hair, fake eggs, fake rice and we all know about the baby formula travesty.  native chinese people are ordering the formula canada and hong kong. 

peace!!!!!

I would love to know what all that has to do with the denim brands discussed in this thread. Are you saying that because some Chinese people made fake baby milk that ergo all Chinese brands must be treated with suspicion? That's some messed up logic man, looks like you may be the one who needs to chill.

I don't think comparing totally different industries holds up. Saying that all Chinese clothing must be crap because of the baby food debacle (they're also buying up in bulk in Europe, we had real trouble getting our formula for some time) is like saying all Italian fashion must be crap because Fiat used to build crap cars ;) 

My post comparing the Bronson shirt to TCB was made mostly in joking since the timing seemed funny to me. Like Volvo said, the Bronson one had even been available earlier. It's also just a standard western shirt, it's like getting mad everytime anyone does a sawtooth shirt.

In a break from the Chinese debate, here's an unknown non Japanese brand. Well it was unknown to me until I bought the shop rag shirt. They're a 1 product brand. I will post some fit pics when I can be arsed, but until then, here's the website. http://www.godspeedco.com/the-shop-rag-shirt/

The shirt is lovely. It's a very tapered fit, which seems flattering to pigeon chested types like me, but the clowning glory is the fabric and the construction. Fabric is a beautiful deep red osnaburg fabric, which feels quite coarse to begin with, but is softening up with time. The construction is very unusual, with most edges being 'merrowed' rather than hemmed, and a sort of inside out construction technique.

• 3 weeks later...

nice one I saw it mentioned in the selvedge yard blog. definitely the cut wouldn't fit my belly but would love to see a fit.

Finally got around to it....

I'm very happy with this shirt. It has some great details and I think looks nice. The colour is beautiful, and it is softening with wear. I have one from the first run, but I believe that they have altered sizing for the second run. This is a small. For reference, I'm 5'9, 5'10ish, with 32" waist and 37" chest. The small fits great at the chest and shoulders and is snug around the belly. I believe that the new small is about an inch bigger in chest and opening, so would offer a slightly more relaxed fit. I like it untucked, but because of the thickness of my belt and buckle, you can see a bit of bunching at the waist. I don't mind that, some might, but new sizing I think would deal with that.

The picture is crappy because it was taken on my iPad. The colour is much deeper than the pic portrays.

23437964149_b5a9b34767_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

new sauce zhan chore coat

1zjjk56.jpg

doYfmrX.jpg

kd24XcU.jpg

url https://world.taobao.com/item/529361073294.htm?fromSite=main

the Italian cheapskate is tempted.... not that I need another denim jacket in my life, but I like the cut.

it comes as well in a washed wabash stripe, not as nice an the denim version IMO

Edited by volvo240thebest

• 2 weeks later...

just got a pair of Overcomer 051ss. From memory, both denim and fit is extremely similar to my 555 LVC 551ZXX. Bulging hips, and a one wash denim that has hardly any starch and gets all its stiffness from the thickness of the denim and the tightness of its weave.

Construction is very nice, again similar to the LVCs. This brand is probably up there with some of the better Japanese ones.

yeah Edie

you gotta deal through a proxy, better a specific China proxy. I've dealt with a few and the better was Taobao Focus, very easy to deal with. But all of those Chinese proxy try to fuck-you-in-the-arse with the currency value conversion! So just make sure to check out the currency conversion rate they apply with XE and see if it's acceptable. I guess they all try to make a little bit of extra profit through ridicolously unlikely currency conversions. The invoice they provide you with are always in USD so they skip the paypal automatic conversion. Cunts!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Well don't forget that PayPal's currency conversion is also, to stay in your modern vernacular, pretty ass-rapey itself. Better to deactivate it and charge your credit card in foreign currency, most charge around 1,75% for conversion and PayPal takes what, 3% or 4%? Bunch of wankers.

something different from the usual Chinese taobao brands for you here.

relatively new brand from Italy, I think it's a one man design brand, and then the stuff is manufactured by another Italian brand, Scartilab, but might be wrong.

http://www.captainsantors.it/index.html

the site is all in Italian for your fine reading experience...

IDdpnDV.jpg

ACGRprG.jpg

XJEcIFW.jpg

neat maritime inspired designs.