Unknown Non-Japanese Brands

Megatron1505

@holio cornolio. I got a pair of SZ oceans.  Denim is really nice and solid construction.  Can't go wrong for the price.  If I was in the market for a type 2 jacket, would seriously consider SZ.

I have a Sauce Zhan chambray shirt and it's great from every point of view, fabric, cut and workmanship. I'd go with TCB though if you're on the hunt for a type II!

Edited by volvo240thebest

Thanks again for input chaps. Volvo, I'm not 100% certain on the type II. I know I don't want another type III, having just sold mine. As well as a type II, I am considering a lee rider (possibly storm rider), the TCB seamans jumper, and Dawson Denim's new jacket offering. The Dawson is probably too rich for me just now. The TCB does look great, but the SZ hits the sweet spot price wise since, as I say, I'm still not quite 100% sure that a type 2 is what I want. If I was 100% it would be the TCB all the way, but like I say.... just as an aside - I've had good experience using Taobao proxy services, as they tend to mark packages down in value ;-) meaning I've not yet been hit for 'extras' on entry to UK :D

Edited by holio cornolio

Hmmm -

.... Bear in mind that TCB wil send the parcel as a sample if you ask, so no custom duties!

well that makes a difference. no proxy fees, no double shipping. the premium over the SZ maybe isn't quite so high... back to the TCB thread I go to check fit advice :-)

Interested in knowing more about the type 2 old chap. What's the denim like? How is sizing? Generally I'm on the small side of medium (or the medium size of small) with a 38" chest (cue pigeon noises). Any ideas what size would achieve a slimmish fit but with room for a thicker shirt or sweatshirt underneath?

Thanks.

I have a SZ Type II and Type III with me as samples, let me know if anyone wants any pictures or know any details.

I mean, might as well if you're asking. I've been trying to get a type II jacket from SZ for a long time. I keep getting my money refunded by taobaofocus

wrong thread buddy! this is the unknown NON japanese thread.

however I'd like you to guinea pig try 49ers. they're far over my budget but I'd love to hear more about them!

Apologies for the delay guys, I'm quite busy at the moment, here are the images as promised.

DSC_0218_zpsudyq7bsh.jpg

DSC_0219_zps6httjvzz.jpg

DSC_0222_zpslaawe8yt.jpg

DSC_0223_zpsqxhen7bm.jpg

DSC_0224_zpsyaq4vjql.jpg

DSC_0225_zpsqxdq8d3r.jpg

DSC_0226_zpstjwnr3yx.jpg

DSC_0228_zpsjgn3r2ws.jpg

DSC_0248_zpsbo83rgon.jpg

DSC_0250_zpsr4ortmiv.jpg

Thanks for the pics Mega. Construction looks solid. I kind of like the rainbow weft, but am unsure as to whether I would grow to love more or to totally hate it! Kind of gives a blanket lined appearance to the inside. What's fit like? And shrinkage? Are these sold one wash or dry? I'm currently tossing up between the SZ and TCB. I'm sure both are great pieces, but I'm not confident about sizing or fit on the SZ. Your input there would help enormously.

Annoyingly, the samples I have are not in my size, they are just for me to send out to potential retailers. From what I can see by looking at the jackets they both seem to be cut a little looser than standard, especially in the body. They aren't a huge amount looser, just makes them a bit more practical for wear in my opinion.

Consider the difference to be like that between a work shirt and a western.

Annoyingly, the samples I have are not in my size, they are just for me to send out to potential retailers. From what I can see by looking at the jackets they both seem to be cut a little looser than standard, especially in the body. They aren't a huge amount looser, just makes them a bit more practical for wear in my opinion.

Consider the difference to be like that between a work shirt and a western.

Well if they're sized for the pigeon chested gentleman, I'm happy to offer my modeling services :-) Edited by holio cornolio

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone come across these? http://world.taobao.com/item/43585821433.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-6918073537.6.L0rum6

I'd like to know what's interesting about a '75 cut.

Stuff looks quite nice so I may take a chance.

• 1 month later...

the olive chinos look great except maybe a little too slim for my liking. 

these also look pretty good, but I have come to realize that the really full cut Chinos like the ones by Buzz Rickson and Mister Freedom does not work for me

http://world.taobao.com/item/521624245500.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-12061446870.11.OnnZUz

if you're looking for a pair of chino, Red Cloud is also worth considering. i have a pair and they are top-notch. 

http://world.taobao.com/item/44343192070.htm?spm=a312a.7728556.1414651174895.5.Ulm3lP&scm=1007.10146.6070.0&id=44343192070&pvid=96f24329-e752-44a4-85cd-ddd1c1a18d34

granted, they are twice as expensive as other chinese made pairs (still comparatively cheap though).