Unknown Non-Japanese Brands

Megatron1505

• 2 weeks later...

Bai he is pretty sweet. All the details are there and the denim itself is quite nice. Couple of detail shots from one of my pairs

1MiHiZI.jpgOEuLtq1.jpglEVBOzQ.jpg

Pudas, want these badly.  How did you get them and how do they fit?  I know NF not getting good press on this thread but the the Weird Guy 32 is a great cut on me.

Interested in getting the SZ 315xx too. Anyone knows how much shrinkage to expect? He mentioned do not use washing machine and stick to cold water. I believe the denim is unsanforized from the leg twist, shrinking more with the washes? I'm aiming to get rid of all the shrinkage before wear so I'll probably toss it in the washing machine for a spin/soak. Looking at a similar fit to ihxb01. I'm a size 33 in IH. Probably I should get a 34 in those?

Pudas, want these badly.  How did you get them and how do they fit?  I know NF not getting good press on this thread but the the Weird Guy 32 is a great cut on me.

I got them on taobao through a proxy. I made a mistake on these when I bought them and got a size too big so I am not wild about the fit and haven't worn them much. They should be slimmer if you size right. I really wish I had ordered the correct pair because other than being a bit to big I really like these jeans.

IMAG0891.jpg

I got them on taobao through a proxy. I made a mistake on these when I bought them and got a size too big so I am not wild about the fit and haven't worn them much. They should be slimmer if you size right. I really wish I had ordered the correct pair because other than being a bit to big I really like these jeans.

IMAG0891.jpg

If you were thinner than me I would buy them off of you.  So I can try sizing accordingly what size are you in some better known jeans and what size should you have gotten in these (assuming there are any left to be had)?

If you were thinner than me I would buy them off of you.  So I can try sizing accordingly what size are you in some better known jeans and what size should you have gotten in these (assuming there are any left to be had)?

these are a 38, should have gone for a 36 or maybe even a 34, misjudged the cm measurements. Not sure how these stretch since they don't need too. I wear a 36 in samurai jeans

• 2 weeks later...

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=42285860435

woah, bronson got 25oz for cheap

anyone got these?

I was considering those, but maybe I don't need any new jeans right now...

I am placing an order later for Bronson's prisoner stripe long sleeve, and one of the wool hunting jackets.

i found this shirt at a thrift store a week ago. never heard of the brand, and i have a feeling its some mommy made thing with fake tags sewn in cuz the hems are country, i dont think they accounted for the thickness of the denim cuz the buttonholes are all fucked, and its tailored for a beer bellied dude in the gut (so it fits me fine there) but with little ass stumpy arms . in any case its super thick denim and stands up on its own after a wash. 

DSC_0252_zps7c7597b8.jpg

DSC_0272_zpsc61330a1.jpg

DSC_0262_zps37e11dba.jpg

DSC_0282_zpseee059fc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tempted to get these "heavy army chinos" by Bronson:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.102.umnYIm&id=41441754923&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail

TB25UWdaFXXXXcuXXXXXXXXXXXX-61855670.jpg

Has anyone experience with Bronson chinos, do they hold up, quality-wise? Also, are there alternatives to Bronson for a simple heavy chino like that? I really like the look (after the wash) and I need/want a new alternative to denim once in a while.

Megatron, can you drop some info on your colabo with SZ? I am a fell 38er and would love to hear what you have done. I just bought a type II today in 44 that I am really excited about.

Quick question, about how long did it take for you to receive your jeans from when SZ sent them?

edit. nvm, you're in UK 

Edited by bigblack

The collab is taking a back seat unfortunately, at the moment I'm talking to Zhan about using some premium Chinese denims for his range to be released in the West, so SZ maybe more available to us all later this year.

-THE TWELVE POINTS OF DIFFERENTIATION-

HAND SIGNED, NUMBERED AND DATED BY THE OWNER/OPERATORS OF JACK/KNIFE

CONSTRUCTION:

THE HEAD OF THE TOP USA DENIM FACTORY REFERS TO JACK/KNIFE AS THE GOLD STANDARD OF CONSTRUCTION - A COMPLIMENT WE ARE PROUD TO UPHOLD. Our construction process is more than 3x as complex as the industry standard to produce. Though production is slower than most, the end result is a jean that will last as long as you need. 

IMG_3126.JPGIMG_3127.JPGIMG_3125.JPG

1.) The Western Pocket

One of the standout details of our jean is the shape of our "western pockets." An idea that we were originally inspired by from spending time with archival denim pants from the 1800's. The idea is simple: by scooping the pockets up instead of down (as modern jeans do), the wearer is able to reach in out of the pocket without any restriction, even when in the seated position. Everyone that has converted to the western pocket prefers the functionality of this design features to that of the standard jean pocket. 

IMG_3091.JPG
2.) Lockstitch Seam Construction

100% lockstitch fully finished seam construction (please contact us if you ever find another jean that can boast the same).

IMG_3099.JPGIMG_3100.JPG

4.) Duck Canvas Linings

Double layered Duck Canvas reinforced pockets for extra durability and protections from wear and tear. Most companies never line their pockets, and our jean is one of the only ones available with 100% cotton pocket bags. 

IMG_3102.JPGIMG_3103.JPG

6.) Beltloop Reinforcements 

Fully finished belt loops with signature Z-stitch detail. The average manufacturer only uses ~10 bartack stitches to attach beltloops to a jean, we use 90 lockstitch lines to secure ours. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, love that civilian version, where to cop? (please don;t say Tao Bao  :(

Edit: Found it through proxy, $96 shipped is not bad at all.

Edited by Megatron1505

So, some of the Bob Dong pieces being straight rip-offs has been discussed earlier in this thread. While browsing Taobao I just stumbled upon this: there's this "RRL" jacket, and there's this Bob Dong jacket - curious :D Even the product pictures are pretty much the same. I wonder if everything under the Bob Dong label is a byproduct of factories where those fakes are made. All the Bob Dong pieces are modeled by the same dude on Taobao who wears them with what appears to be genuine RRL and other stuff, that's why I always was under the impression that this was some kind of "real", small-time label. It appears that comparable to Red Cloud they are not ^^