Unknown Non-Japanese Brands

Megatron1505

actually if you proxy from taobao R400 is about $150 sans proxy. speaking of which i was browsing through sauce zhan and bai he and base on the pictures, which might not necessarily reflect how they look IRL, some of their denims are almost identical to RC's R400, with  blended weft and slub. They also make them in red and blue. maybe they all use the same mill?

actually if you proxy from taobao R400 is about $150 sans proxy. speaking of which i was browsing through sauce zhan and bai he and base on the pictures, which might not necessarily reflect how they look IRL, some of their denims are almost identical to RC's R400, with  blended weft and slub. They also make them in red and blue. maybe they all use the same mill?

DhaDha, SZ does have some slub looking denim but not on same level as Red Cloud. Also, RC has exclusivity on his fabrics, are specifically woven for him, guaranteed. SZ quality is not on level of RC, but still very decent especially regarding to price.

Also keep in mind, even with proxy and pending on where to ship to you can easily add up 30% to buying price due to duties on MIC products, especially jeans. 

The patch is made from sandglass treated leather, which does have that feel. I think (and I'm sure b_F can correct me or confirm) Samurai used to use the same process.

Initial impression...

- Workmanship is great, and I mean better than I ever expected. I have been through so many far more expensive pairs of jeans whose workmanship was not as good.

- The denim feel extremely tough, it's only 14oz but the weave is super tight.

- Two of the pairs have the rainbow weft, one green cast and one red cast, it really shows through the denim and should make for some very interesting evo.

- The final pair is made from 13.5oz xinjiamg cotton, red selvedge, plain weft, and made to my own cut specifications. This is the pair I am working on with Zhan and he has nailed the cut.

Lots of pics in the coming days, plus a review.

I'll try to get this done asap, but with the DWC website opening this Friday I am ridiculously busy. Stay tuned.

Do any of you have any recommendations for a really slubby pair of denim from any of the manufacturers mentioned in this thread? It was mentioned on the first page, but no specifics.

The Sauce Zhan Oceans I have are pretty slubby. Here is a close up 

G442uPh.jpg

Here is another shot

nGYSfW7.jpg

Edited by pudaspriest

@Mega. I really appreciate your effort in bringing some of these unknown brands to the denim community.  Keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing more pics.

Edited by BlackPig