Boncoura

kylepw

On 12/10/2018 at 4:54 AM, BrownMetallic said:

Quick question:  

Are the Boncoura 66 shrink to tagged?! ... and does the denim stretch much?

Thanx!

After 40c hot bath and numerous wear

Without Tumble Dry

Boncoura 66 size 32, actual waist 33

Boncoura XX size 32 actual waist 34

Boncoura White waist 32 actual waist 32

Edited by vexed_wear
More info

• 2 weeks later...

crazy taper...

not sure what they did with the front rise, but they certainly reduced the number of buttons on the fly front opening.

How to increase the cost (not necessarily value) of your (not so cheap) jeans by at least 50-100%!

@Foxy2 The number of buttons and space between buttons is odd right? I have the 66s and can confirm the 3 buttons on the high rise... probably the weirdest thing about them. It doesn't bother me but it looks different. 

it didn't bother me too much - the slight taper in the legs did bother me more.

in the video it seems like they reduced the fly front by 1 button/button hole or changed the spacing (which would make more sense), yet did not change the waist band position or rise length.
they could have taken rise length out of the inseam point, though...

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Those look very nice, well done!

Thank you.   I did not dare to tumble dry on high heat as I was afraid the length of the jeans might shrunk even more.  I’m 185cm and the jeans would have became too short has it shrunk further.  Shame Boncoura does not makes inseam a little longer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Your faded pair looks so damn good! Love the way boncouras fade. Finally got around to take some (cellphone) pics of mine. Still haven't washed (probably should as I don't really want a high contrast pair but love the stiffness of them) my pair but going to soon. No idea how much wear as I wear them kind of randomly but going to wear a lot in the next month or two as I wait for my warehouses. 

9jhjqv.jpg

70ewb9.jpg

Thank you.

From going through google translate on Japanese sites.  Most recommended that you wash and tumble dry from the start for Boncoura and Resolute.   Seems like it’s a preference for a less contrasts fade jeans  

On a side note there seems to be more preference amongst Thai LVC Facebook group for purely railing details along the side of the jeans and less crazy fade overall.  To do this one has to use front loading washing machine and tumble dry regularly.  Just make sure your jeans don’t shrunk too much.  

For my upcoming pair pair of LVC 1955 I’m going to try to go through that route with hardly any crazy fade and just concentrating on the railing.  

Yeah, I generally don't give it too much thought and just wash when needed, but these are worn in such random intervals so never really felt like it or got around to it. I love the stiffness too so was hesitant, but will get around to it once I get my warehouses back. 

Edited by d-rew12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BIG SCOOP

morishima san worked for resolute on its first year as an assistant for hayashi  he knew all denim mills and sewing factories used by resolute he left in 2011 started his own brand boncoura 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, vexed_wear said:

Can anyone recommend shops in Osaka, preferably in centre of town that would stock Boncoura Cinch please?

Many thanks,

Loftman Coop in Umeda stocks Boncoura. There’s also a pretty big hinoya above Loftman. Evisu is also a few micnutes walk from Loftman. 

• 2 weeks later...