Boncoura

kylepw

I love the short length on my Boncoura's haha. Only pair I never had to hem :D

And for some reason it wont let me +rep but Broark they're looking good! And istwei, I like the fit!

I don't wear mine super often due to my job nowadays but still love them. And probably the pair i've gone the longest without washing. I just love the starchyness to them!

Edited by d-rew12

On 4/16/2018 at 10:07 PM, vexed_wear said:

Hi guys. How does the Boncoura xx compare to LVC 55?  Is it similar in shape?  

I dont think so the bonc xx has a really low front rise 

and its tapered 

• 2 weeks later...

img%5D

so here i  am

at the home-base of boncoura uk

[run by two lovely most competent chaps, most on point & denim en-abling…]

having said no clams for chores, with another price drop and with a scouring of other equivalents [in tcb-land, orslow, warehouse and heller’s café] the 20s boncoura remained the most on fleek

so, first cleared all things with the ever astute @Broark

i followed my triggered / triggering & bought 42 online, went onsite to claim

glad I did: the alphashadows measurements most accurate; but didn't anticipate what they meant [the 42 swamped me unbecomingly]

so got the remaining piece; the 38

[contrary to all my usual practice; buy XL and work with it…]

general impression: tight, regular fabric, nep all ready to rumble, light, crisp, deep deep dye

and as ed sez earlier in the thread: bonky ain’t fucking around

stitching; perfection

tailoring / cut: perfection

a hot soak, machine spin and line dry [lost about a inch in length]:

raw

img%5D

img%5D

drying

yeaoRSih.jpg

V824zhGh.jpg

vfeNiWYh.jpg

gmeer3Xh.jpg

1mb84gWh.jpg

& cooked (dry, worn a day)

xb6nbsqh.jpg

a29Oyrbh.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

On 1 June 2016 at 8:20 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

That shop sounds like it would be more at home in Dulwich than Peckham but perhaps gentrification is creeping into SE15. Should be called Trotters Trading Co though!

putting a fuller reference to that in 'where did jeans go today' thread...

https://supertalk.superfuture.com/topic/88842-what-are-your-jeans-doing-today/?page=256

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

Looking good @vexed_wear and @bartlebyyphonics!

30 minutes ago, Broark said:

The chore coat suits you well @bartlebyyphonics, still thinking about picking the 42 up at some point! Might even be too big for me though. 

thanks gents: most kind! and couldnt have done it without you! communal effort!

and, broark: just for a reference i normally wear XL in jackets (that is the size of all my oft-posted lvc and post-overall jkts - all of which are of a roughly comparable size to this one) - so was really surprised that the 38 worked! won't be sticking heavy knits under tho...

Spoiler

and to give a sense of shrink rate; before-after-super-awkward-fit-pics: raw on the left, soaked-dried-dry-one-day-worn on right...

001c.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Some nicely faded Boncoura jeans from the blog.
47762130-s.jpg
Also I had a run in with a customer during my last days at my old job. He and his wife were shopping at the store and trying on some jeans.
He made a comment about the rise of the pair he tried on being lower than his Boncoura jeans. I quickly asked if I had heard him correctly.
Turns out they were on their honeymoon in Japan and stumbled into a store that carried them and he bought a pair because the sales staff were so helpful and knowledgeable. Small world considering we're all the way in Austin, TX and he wasn't even that into denim!

Where did you work, Broark? I kind of assumed Stag since its the only place I know of in town that sells nice denim. I've popped into the Domain location and the people there always notice what I've got on. Typically Fullcount, TCB, Eternal or something.

@LQW I was working at Service, so we sold a ton of N&F, Unbranded, Kato, etc.
Never been big on Stag, the customer service I've experienced at the one down south always bothered me. At least recently, they used to be super friendly a few year back.

@BrownMetallic I have the XX’s and I find that while they did shrink to tagged size the denim stretches fairly easily. I think with the 66’s I would size to the thighs, as I would imagine they’re fairly slim. While the XX is listed as a straight leg cut it feels a bit more tapered than say a pair of Ooe OA01’s or Roy’s RS cuts. 

On 10/11/2018 at 2:54 PM, BrownMetallic said:

Quick question:  

Are the Boncoura 66 shrink to tagged?! ... and does the denim stretch much?

Thanx!

The waist on mine didn't really shrink too much (although I cold washed/soaked, line dried), so they never actually dropped to a 36 (were always a little bigger) but the thighs and stuff shrunk. They had some decent stretch in the waist and thighs a bit but I'd say about average.