Boncoura

kylepw

Gnomes, if you have no kitchen, now really is the best time to eat lettuce and drink water. Once it's in, you (or Mrs Gnomes) will want to be using all the new gadgets and stuff and things could get messier. Just my $0.02.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Alright y'all, someone talk me down from (or off of...) the ledge.
I've been eyeing this Boncoura denim chore coat for awhile and I found one for a good price and I'm very tempted.
IMG_0661.jpg
Here's some photos of the jacket worn a bit, only thing holding me back is it's seemingly pretty short (28 in. back length on the size 42).
Made from a nice neppy 8oz denim.
e2db5859-s.jpg
e8929d85-s.jpg
0ba7517d-s.jpg
cf1a4c7a-s.jpg
Also I'm washing my pair of XX's right now, I've been wearing them more sparingly due to wearing my CSF jeans but also because the waist has gotten too big...post wash photos to come.

I was thinking the same thing @goodrain, only thing I don’t love about the Ooe jacket is the sleeve length which is a little short. I’ll probably talk myself out of it but I’ve loved the look of that jacket for quite awhile. I don’t need any more jackets anyways, it’ll be like 100 degrees here soon. :D

@Broark you are asking enablers to disable

you are too good at finding nice things

it is most fine. similar to the ooe but not the same. pockets very different. (it reminds of what i like in orslow)

it is the fetish of the small detail that leads us to the ruinous rabbit hole of raw denim and infinite takes on historical style: and the pathology of completionism!

but, tis very nice, 28" back is not super short; the same as my much loved post overall ok-43 - a good length I find esp. for warmer days 

what back length is the ooe?

edit: with some googles - i see the alpha shadows in uk has the 42 - is that what you are looking at? that is near-isn to me: will see if i can get nearer it in the next few days and give eyewitness report...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

@bartlebyyphonics I think the back length on my Ooe jacket is about 30 in., but looking at photos of the Boncoura jacket the back comes up a little bit compared to the front and sides of the jacket. I'm about 6'3" and I think I could pull off the 28 in. length, after all my TCB 50's jacket is about 26 in. in length.
We'll see if I get the jacket, I just found out this morning I need two new tires on my car and I also have been wanting the forthcoming Iron Heart corduroy type III jacket.
Buying jackets right before summer is something I just like to do I guess. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I didn't buy the chore coat. But I did take some post wash photos of my XX's, they fade really quickly all things considered.
Still bums me out that things didn't work out with SE carrying Boncoura, I'd like to pick up a shirt or something else from them.
3uzhl41.jpg
yd5Md6G.jpg
GFuDo9g.jpg
lH5L9nx.jpg
kA5f8LX.jpg
bovFTvA.jpg
6PR8FlE.jpg
imrM43Q.jpg
RMkZkCs.jpg
TchCkdL.jpg

7 hours ago, Broark said:

Okay, so I didn't buy the chore coat. But I did take some post wash photos of my XX's, they fade really quickly all things considered.
Still bums me out that things didn't work out with SE carrying Boncoura, I'd like to pick up a shirt or something else from them.

yd5Md6G.jpg

I always forget about Boncoura (probably due to this thread not being as active as a lot of the others and the jeans not being carried by any of the retailers that I frequently look at) but damn it, I think that they might use some of my favourite denim. Those have turned into my favourite shade of blue

The inseam is pretty short, but since the rise isn't very high they kind of work since I wear them lower.
I'll have to measure the inseam, but I got my pair from Alpha Shadows and I think the inseam is somewhere around 31 in. now after a couple of washes.

I think my inseam measures at 29.5" after hot soak and hot wash. I'm about 6' and have a double turn up going on. It's a tiny cuff and would be a bit longer with a standard single cuff. borderline high water look, but I like it.