Boncoura

kylepw

Wore them today for the first time, happy to report that the inseam didn't shrink up too much.

I'll take some post wash measurements tomorrow for you. They feel a little snug in the thigh but manageable. I still think this denim is heavier than the quoted weight. Not sure what it is but I really like these jeans so far!

Ask and ye shall receive! I'll try to get a better photo, but this is all I've got right now.
The denim is still pretty stiff, so it's doing a weird kind of stacking thing along the leg. But I think it'll settle with some wear.
Really enjoying these jeans, been getting compliments on the fit. Still curious as to how heavy the denim actually is.
cm9gtCu.jpg

• 1 month later...

thanks for the details - love the pocket fabric and cinch!

never got around to take pictures of my pairs - personally, I find they have a touch too much taper which should make them quite appealing to some...

• 2 weeks later...

Just copped a pair of offwhite Boncouras at the Drake's outlet in London for - drum roll - £32! 

They had two pairs left, both size 32, and  I really hope they don't shrink, because it's the smallest size 32 I've ever tried on. A perfect 30, I'd say. 

Probably old stock, the patch appears to be different from the ones currently offered at Drake's and Alpha Shadows. 

My co-worker bought the other pair later, and I forced him to tell the shop assistant that we're not a couple buying matching jeans, haha. 

IMG_5910.thumb.JPG.4cd603a61b348d4110f25d3540ad1364.JPG

Edit: must be one-washed with this level of leg twist and roping going on. Phew, relieved. 

IMG_5911.thumb.JPG.f0242d5c0913e9254b3c3392d7feaaa5.JPG

Edited by mandel9000
Added photo

I know what you mean, @Broark. I find that white (or natural) denim often looks too preppy, depending on what's worn with it of course. But I really dig it when done right, like Paul Weller in the eighties. Simple and cool. 

I guess I just have to do it right then B)

• 2 weeks later...

Been wearing my XX's a bit more, I like how the denim is breaking in.
Holding off a little longer before their first wash (besides the initial one), I like how crisp the denim is still.
cNwQiIv.jpg
C09og83.jpg
Gk8dt65.jpg
545OlE9.jpg

Have been reading all the boncoura chitchat in this forum. Conclusion: must cop boncoura 66.

Since i never have any experience with sanforized denim, im kinda juggling around whether i should go for 31 or 32 size (i notice boncoura shrinks a lot on waist and thigh, is it?)...my goal is to achieve slim relaxed fit , instead of snug or tight fit. 

And Mostly i wear tagged-size 30. 

Guys help me with some suggestion? My comfort waist measurement is between 32".

Big-Big Thanks..

:here also i include the pics of my goal fit. ;)

IMG_4478.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

2 hours ago, edmond said:

Those look like xx type to me not 66 inmight be wrong

U are absolutely right.. ;) ..My mistake. Thanks for noticing.

Hows the shrinkage, is it shrink a lot on the waist? 1-2 inch maybe.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, edmond said:

Size 32 one wash but will shrink maybe 3 percent more

IMG_5004.PNG

Thanks Ed.

Damnn..This is gonna be some serious slim tight fit..the thigh measurement seems different than what I got from other sources(Rakuten, loftma)...

I wear tag size 30 - 31 on most brands..I think have to take further size up...

Really hate it when it comes to find the right size.. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my XX's, I love these jeans. I might even say they're my favorite pair in my whole collection.
Worn for maybe 2 months and two washes? I've lost count honestly. They're due for another wash shortly.
vdQ7iX0.jpg
7nP3RBr.jpg
q2zEmv7.jpg
umfz2Bk.jpg

I had to cop a pair of Boncoura moleskin bakers pants from Alpha Shadows in the UK.  88 quid, nocked down from 295 or about $100, figured what the fuck.  Waist might be a bit snug as Im still in my fat phase and am doing nothing about that until our kitchen remodel is done.  Then I will eat lettuce and drink water for a month so all my shit will fit again.  

http://www.alphashadows.com/sale/boncoura-moleskin-baker-pants