Boncoura

kylepw

To all waiting for Self Edge to receive Boncoura's jeans.. sorry, it's not going to happen.

We tried to do everything in our power to make this happen, but without getting into specific.. we will not be carrying the brand.

Well I just measured the inseam on the Roy's I've been wearing and they're actually pretty short.

I might be able to make the XX's work after all. Just gotta save up the coin and move a few other pairs.

The pair i have shrunk to a 29" inseam after a hot soak, so i got about 3 full inches of shrink with a single hot soak.

The pair i have shrunk to a 29" inseam after a hot soak, so i got about 3 full inches of shrink with a single hot soak.

Yeah that's gonna cut it close.

I need to measure these Roy's again, they're pretty short but I think I have short legs for my height or something.

I generally hem to 32 and then have enough length for a 2 inch cuff. Just really want some of this denim! Shame that it didn't work out for SE, but these things happen.

Measured the Roy's again, they come out to 30 with the current cuff.

Also it seems like the bigger sizes have slightly longer inseams according to Alpha Shadows and Loftman measurements.

If I do end up with a pair I'll likely have to go easy on the washing/soaking routine.

Sorry to keep spamming the thread but here is better fit pic. I'm getting a bit of hip flare on my right hip (which can't be seen very well in the pic). Hopefully will soften up with wear. Still undecided about them so going to put wearing them on hold. If anyone one is interested shoot me a message. If I don't get any interest in awhile I will probably just decide to keep them.

Also alpha shadows gave me some measurements of a sz36 raw XX if you guys are curious.

Waist - 37.5"
Rise - 12.75"
Thigh - 13.5"
Inside Leg - 32.25"
Hem/Leg Opening -  8.75" 
Back rise (rough measurement as hard to be precise with raw denim!) - 16"

ngbndk.jpg

Edited by d-rew12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got a pair of Boncoura 66!  Can't wait to give them a try and post some fit pics.

Nice, looking forward to some fit pics!

Here are some fit pics of the XX model from the Boncoura blog. I'm determined to get a pair in the new year, my Roy's have shrunk down to about a 31 inseam so I think I can make these work...

634fc5a6-s.jpg

77d159fb-s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I never get good honeycombs on back of my legs for some reason but will try and post some snaps later. 

But this jacket David Beckham is wearing in today's daily mail looks just like the Boncoura Mod jacket? IMG_0419.JPGIMG_0418.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice! Really good call getting the raw pair, too. Boncoura appears to do a super-harsh wash in the factory, wipes out that beautiful patch and almost completely obscures the subtle selvedge line. Hope you like them, looking forward to seeing some break-in.

You finally did it! They look good! And even after a month or so, mine are still pretty stiff but loving them! I'm curious to see what the post -soak measurements if you woulnd't mind. Kind of interested to see if maybe the XX was the way to go haha :blush:. Love the back pocket rivets too!