Boncoura

kylepw

Don't really need new jeans and the money could probably go towards something else more needed but screw it, grabbed a pair of the 66's. Alpha Shadows contacted me (since I had contacted them a few months back asking them to let me know when a 36 would get back in stock), and said they had restocked it and sadly prices have gone up due to poor exchange rate. But since I contacted them when the price was down they offered to give me 20% off. Great deal and very glad they reached out to me. So, should be here in a little bit!

^Haha yeah grabbed the 66. I thought the XX was a bit wider but according to alpha shadows measurements it actually seems quite slim and thought it might be perfect after the initial soak, so I sat on it for a good 20 minutes and couldn't decide. Ended up with my original choice of the 66 just because I wanted a slim pair (hopefully not too slim though), and a lot of the Japanese measurements for the XX were bigger. So played it safe and went 66.

My 66's just came in! These are so damn stiff it's kind of insane. Way stiffer than the Samurai's i've tried! Very nice denim, the pocket bags are (like everyone mentioned) insanely nice. Super thick!  I do have a complaint though is there are quite a few lose/stray threads around the jean and the stitching below the top button hole is pretty poor, but not enough to really take away from the jeans. Off to the wash they go! Here are some pics and measurements. 

Waist: 18.75-19"

Thigh: 13.125-13.25"

Front Rise: 11.75"

Rear Rise: 16.5-17" (fabric is super stiff so hard to get a accurate measurement)

Knee 13" down: 9.25"

Leg Opening: 8"

Length: 31.5"

2SsDEDo.jpg

zjHCQoA.jpg

k9P6qbA.jpg

One of my favorite details!

M1rbFPE.jpg

Can kind of see the not so great stitching

chS1pFp.jpg

Fit pic (not great bit denim is super stiff), 

W78qZTG.jpg

Nice bag from Alpha Shadows

iKc3ZZB.jpg

Edited by d-rew12

They look good d-rew! Interested to see how they fit after a wash.

I'm more interested in the XX variant myself, but I think those will be nice after they shrink up.

They're drying now hopefully pics tomorrow! And a few more notes, I guess I forgot about 66 details (since this is my first '66 type fit), so no hidden rivets, no coin pocket selvedge, etc. Very cool! And the patch is so damn soft... It's probably my favorite leather patch so far. And I was kind of shocked how small the leg opening was haha, so I am also curious to see how they'll turn out when they dry 

I only threw them in the wash on cold so I'll see how it is, but might have to do anything soak depending on the fit.

Edited by d-rew12

And a few more notes, I guess I forgot about 66 details (since this is my first '66 type fit), so no hidden rivets, no coin pocket selvedge, etc. Very cool!

And don't forget the lack of v-stich on the waistband under the top button!

I'm no 60's detail expert but I think the Boncoura model is fairly accurate.

And don't forget the lack of v-stich on the waistband under the top button!

I'm no 60's detail expert but I think the Boncoura model is fairly accurate.

I just noticed that! I think the only thing that is inaccurate is the leather patch instead of a paper patch (correct me if I'm wrong). Which honestly, I'd rather have the very nice boncoura leather patch than a paper patch. And I just tried them on while damp, and damn, I think I was unprepared for the slimness of them. I can hardly fit my foot through the leg opening! But I did want a slim fit so I'll wait til they're dry.

Copper rivets instead of zinc also strays from the original. But hell, there's so many brands going all in on the repro game I think it's still alright when they change a few subtle details to make, what they feel, is a better pair of jeans. 

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out for you mate! 

Copper rivets instead of zinc also strays from the original. But hell, there's so many brands going all in on the repro game I think it's still alright when they change a few subtle details to make, what they feel, is a better pair of jeans. 

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out for you mate! 

How can you tell what material they're made from?

Some post soak measurements if anyone's curious. I just did one machine wash on cold and stretched the waist a bit while damp and worn for maybe 25 or so minutes. 

Waist: 18.85"

Thigh: 12.75"

Front Rise: 11.5"

Rear Rise: 16.25"

Knee 13" down: 9"

Leg opening: 7.75"

Length 29.5"

And I am having some serious second thoughts, sadly. The fit fine, not uncomfortable or anything although slim (and very stiff!). However they pretty much fit pretty similar to my warehouse's although slightly slimmer and with a slightly smaller leg opening. And while I think they look good now, when the thighs stretch (and below the knee doesn't) it'll look funky and super carrot shaped. They also sit weird since they're stuff so it could mellow out. I'm starting to think the XX fit would have been a better idea. The nice thing is though I won't need to get them hemmed! Although they're probably to short for most, anyone interested? I don't mind keeping them but if anyone is interested, let me know!