Boncoura

kylepw

Ed the Boncoura denim looks really nice, need a pair at some point. Either the 66 or the XX.

Also does Signet sell the 41 chino from Boncoura? They look really nice. Trying to track a pair down.

These guys stock the 41 chino and if your in the usa they should work out ok with the current weak pound against the dollar. 

http://www.alphashadows.com/latest-arrivals/boncoura-41-chino-trouser

Thanks Jambon, sadly they don't seem to carry the 41 chinos in size 36.

Might reach out to them and see if they would be willing to order them for me.

Think I might want to get a pair of the XX jeans first though if I can track them down!

Random-ish question but how's the size of the front pockets? Bigger than Warehouse? How about compared to Fullcount or Samurai? And do any stores (other than Drakes and Alphashadows since they're both sold out) sell a sz 36?

Edited by d-rew12

The front pockets are not notably large or small. Definitely deeper than the short-pocketed brands like Full Count or Momotaro pockets, and big enough to accommodate an iPhone 6 in my size 32 pair with full range of motion. The jeans do seem well-cut to allow easy access to the pockets, too.

Have not found any other western stores aside from Drake's and Alpha Shadows that sell them, only a few Japanese stores with websites of various levels of usability.

The front pockets are not notably large or small. Definitely deeper than the short-pocketed brands like Full Count or Momotaro pockets, and big enough to accommodate an iPhone 6 in my size 32 pair with full range of motion. The jeans do seem well-cut to allow easy access to the pockets, too.

Have not found any other western stores aside from Drake's and Alpha Shadows that sell them, only a few Japanese stores with websites of various levels of usability.

That's good to hear! I am getting kind of annoyed with my Warehouses since my Nexus 5x pretty much deosn't fit in the front pocket.

And yeah, I went to all the shops that stock Boncoura (according to their website) and they all don't have above a sz 34. Its seems only the two British stores do (but are currently sold out). But Alpha Shadows did say they are getting a re-stock soon so that's good!

We do inordered aome 36 already

Good to hear! It seems only stores outside Japan stock a 36... Makes me feel even fatter haha.

Fear not ya'll.. longer inseams are coming.

Subtle hint at something?  :ph34r:

You know it.

Shit, I actually like the short inseam! Saves me from having to get them hemmed! 

They're not going to stop producing the shorter inseam versions.

Do you think SDA and Boncoura still represent the goofy american love you founded the store on? Or are you mainly just concerned with quality at this point?

With SDA i'm sure it explains itself, that brand is as goofy as it gets. 

For Boncoura i believe it's a good balance between perfect simplicity and great focused quality. 

They're very different brands, SDA is everything while Boncoura is one very good thing.

Arrggh  :ohmy:  :wacko: only had them a couple of months. Got an appointment tomorrow with someone who can hopefully fix them. Fingers crossed. If anyone has any other recommendations for repairs in London or UK let me know. 

IMG_0292_zps6iutyoc1.jpg

Edited by Jambon

Looks too tight to me man look at your button hole and waist band

I've got two pairs a 30 and 31 - these are the 31 that went and i wear a belt with these, the 30s are tight post wash but soon give out. 

Where to cop those boxers?

Just bog standard calvins.  :blush: