Boncoura

kylepw

Been wearing in my Z denim the last month or so and coming on nicely, my second pair of Boncoura, the denim is so soft to touch and just gets better the more it's worn.

DD15139A-6B20-40F5-9D8D-5F1C297E9B15_zps

I don't like comparing jeans but bought a pair of full count 1921, natural indigo ltd edition expensive jobs, not long before these. They are not a patch on quality on the denim or construction.

Really are rather special jeans from Boncoura.

IMG_1559.jpg

the hbt pocket bags are shirt worthy i swear to god i will call morishima and ask im to make me a shirt from the jeans pocket bags

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

measurements after a warm soak and line dry

raw size 34 50's waist 18 inch front rise 11 1/2 back rise 16  thigh 13 1/2 knee 10 inseam 32 hem 8 1/2

after a warm soak for an hour and a half

waist 16 1/2 front rise 11 back rise 14 3/4 thigh 12 3/4 knee 9 5/8 inseam 30 5/8 hem 8 1/8

Is the Z denim their slimmest fit?

Yes. It's the new slimmer tapered fit for 2016 and comes with a zip fly. There is a shop in Peckham that sells them and the 66 type.

Wow, that's a lot of shrink in the waist. Did it really lose about 3 inches of total circumference? I'm hopefully getting to London for work in a couple months and thinking about picking up a pair at Drakes while out there. I would probably be between a 30 and a 32, but that amount of shrink suggests I should stick with a larger size.

Please let us know how it stretches with wear. I've been excited about this brand for a while, it would be great to see them in person.

If your going to London try and pop and see these guys not the easiest shop to get too but best selection of their stuff I've seen and slightly cheaper than Drakes. http://www.alphashadows.com/boncoura

I found the Z denim hasn't shrunk as much as my 66 after a soak but both stretched out ok. Went for 30" in the 66 and 31" in Z. I'm a 31 waist.

Also got a pair of the chinos they are a 30 waist and fit perfect.

Edited by Jambon

If your going to London try and pop and see these guys not the easiest shop to get too but best selection of their stuff I've seen and slightly cheaper than Drakes. http://www.alphashadows.com/boncoura

I found the Z denim hasn't shrunk as much as my 66 after a soak but both stretched out ok. Went for 30" in the 66 and 31" in Z. I'm a 31 waist.

Thanks! If it helps, I wear a 30 in the Full Count 1101 fit, and would be a 32 in Flat Head 3009. Most jeans, I wear a size 31. You seem to be similar, and you say the 30 fit fine?

Never been to Peckham, so Alpha Shadows definitely triggered a "where the..." first reaction, but it looks like the train should get me down there without much hassle. Looks worth exploring, cheers!

No problem. It's probably worth getting in touch to make sure they have the sizes you want in stock beforehand and arrange a time to visit as not like a usual shop. Well worth visiting though as stock quite a few other Japanese brands.

If you have ever watched Only Fools and Horses on BBC you will have seen Peckham.

I have a few pairs of full counts 1108 and 1109 in 31 and latest pair 1921(similar to 1108) in 30. So yeah sound similar waste.

Most places only stock the 30 and 32 and there is a big difference between them. I prefer to buy so they fit firm in raw state then suffer a day or so pain after soak and again after first wash stretching them out. Don't like wearing a belt. So either 30 or 31 would be best 32 will be too baggy imo.

Edited by Jambon

I had no idea they were based in London! It is quite impressive the number of more unknown japanese brands they carry.

Is Peckham going to be the next Shoreditch or something? Odd location for such a store (/non store)

I believe Rivet and Hide started out in an obscure trading estate before getting their snazzy west end shop suppose you have to start somewhere. But it's well set up with a nice show room in a old Victorian warehouse.

But yeah Peckham, Nunhead is benefiting from the East Dulwich boom and could well be next Shoreditch.