Seriously, how much black denim can you have?

Guest Airjamie

acne cash is raw? that makes them more attractive... i also like that the tag on the back is white..

and yeah, i know they aren't that skinny.. i like that about them, because again, black jeans make your legs look even skinnier and i have big feet and muscular-ish legs so i don't want it to look disproportionate..

I have acne max cash and they are pretty slim, but I think there is 2% elaston or something so they hug the body. Size down for a slimmer fit. Besides the white tag, they are totally, completely black.

I also have 19cm raw black Diors (only starting to break these in) and Nudie slim jim black black (they're beautiful but not super slim; should've sized down...)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be in the minority here... I only have one pair of black denim. I like them a lot, but don't wear black denim enough to justify purchasing another pair...

i've only one pair of black jeans. i don't really consider them project jeans.

i would LOVE a pair of the black over blue sorahikos, but can't justify two pairs of black jeans, the cost, i mean.

I have 5 right now. I strongly recomend buying the April 77 black raw. The fit is amazing. They also have a shiny black pants that looks waxed but actually is just the material of the fabric, hard to describe, but it's sorta futuristic.

Hey man, do those April77 black raws have a white weft?? I've been looking for a good fitting black jean that would show contrasting overtime...really interested in these

Hey man, do those April77 black raws have a white weft?? I've been looking for a good fitting black jean that would show contrasting overtime...really interested in these

I had the same question...

I have 0 pairs of black denim but I desperately want some, missed out on the samurai bk's... while I was trying to decide what size I wanted and they sold the size I decided on. I think I want a pair of nice black that will wear nice and I want a black overdye...

So perhaps a pair of max cash and the raw black april 77's if they arent overdye

Also missed a pair of hoboken black bullets in the supermarket not too long ago in my size if I remember correctly... damnit

noir kennedy looks pretty sick

Count me as another one who will wait out this trend. I didn't like black jeans the last time they were popular and I don't really like them now. When it's all said and done most of you will come back to indigo. That's where it started and that's where it shall always return.

i think black jeans are classic. they've been a staple in my wardrobe forever, though they never get the same quality time with me that indigo jeans do.

black jeans power!

Count me as another one who will wait out this trend. I didn't like black jeans the last time they were popular and I don't really like them now. When it's all said and done most of you will come back to indigo. That's where it started and that's where it shall always return.

ive personally always favored black denim over indigo. dont know why. but i currently find it much easier to match my outfits with.

i dont think ive touched my raw [indigo] diors in about a month now. im starting to feel bad for them.

Yes it does have a white weft afai can remember. The only reason I didn't buy the raw is that I know it was going to be winter and so I opted for the shinny cords. Plus the fact that I was telling myself if I needed 1 more that looks similar to my other black jeans. In the end I just used the money to buy something else. Had I known you guys wanted them, I would have bought each and everyone of you. I should have posted here while I was on my trip. Hahaha! In Paris people aren't wearing them, only the hip ones ,I see very rarely on the street. Paris is more of a well dressed city as opposed to street wear. But when you see somebody dressed creatively, they really do stand out. When I was trying my pants from Noir Kennedy the lady associate pulled my jeans in the crotch area to see if it is the right size. While doin this she kinda inserted her fingers all the way in my boxer briefs, uhhmm I guess you guys get the idea hahaha! I got a size 27, what size are u chris?

Update, so Seven is sold out on any of whatever April77 at the moment. And they told me that come spring is when they will carry tops and jackets!

ive personally always favored black denim over indigo. dont know why. but i currently find it much easier to match my outfits with.

i dont think ive touched my raw [indigo] diors in about a month now. im starting to feel bad for them.

That's cool, some people really are just drawn to black as an anchor for their wardrobe. For those people these are good times. I just know that there's a bunch of black denim being sold to people that read 'black denim is the new must have for fall' that are going to wear it for 18 months and then the thrift stores will be overrun with crappy black denim. Sad really. I also think just have some negative associations with black denim from 15-20 years ago that are hard to break. For the lovers, keep on keepin' on, I'll remain in the hater category. :D

Guest johnsinclair
I have acne max cash and they are pretty slim, but I think there is 2% elaston or something so they hug the body. Size down for a slimmer fit. Besides the white tag, they are totally, completely black.

I also have 19cm raw black Diors (only starting to break these in) and Nudie slim jim black black (they're beautiful but not super slim; should've sized down...)

what is fit of these compared with diors?

Guest Fade to Black

I'm not too big a fan of black denim...for black casual pants i prefer maybe something like a more relaxed pair of trousers. Actually I saw a pair of current season Junya Watanabe black cargo pants on men.style.com that look excellent, might get a pair of those down the line.

Guest Fade to Black
only have sorahiko's right now. looking for some diors if i can fit into them.

the black sorahikos are nice (the distressed version, didn't really like the one wash that much). I like the follow me black whiskered jeans from Dior too.

Hmm good topic. I have 2 pairs of black raw denim. The first pair I got was a pair of black selvedge APC NS (25") from solidstate in the supermarket for $90 (thanks man!)and the second pair are 19c Diors (27") from LVR. I have seen quite a few ppl walking around in slim black jeans here is San Fran, but Im still kind of interested in getting a pair of April 77s after reading this thread. Personally, I have been trying to phase the color out of my wardrobe (black, grey, white) so this current trend is rather welcome... or maybe Im just following the trend and trying to justify it in my own mind.

2CENTS

(N).

P.S. Buy more if you want to!

in the cords, i wear a size 27 as well. the 26's were ridiculously tight.

ps, look what i found!

im also partial to grey denim.

I actually like grey denim more than black denim...but I still like black denim a lot. I also like indigo as long as it is dark. Anywho, you can never have enough black denim!

what is fit of these compared with diors?

I tend to consider acne max cash a high-quality alternative to cheap mondays. so when you size down they're super-slim and low-rise...the inseam is only 32" though so there's a bit of stacking.

dior 19cm have a 36" inseam (I think??) so they stack up much more. the taper is far more noticeable; they're more fitted in the leg than the acnes but about the same in the thigh. the fit in the bum, thanks to the darts or whatever, is superior too (think this has been discussed on the boards before...), to the acnes and every other jean I own.

I tend to consider acne max cash a high-quality alternative to cheap mondays. so when you size down they're super-slim and low-rise...the inseam is only 32" though so there's a bit of stacking.
well, I have black acnes tagged 30x34 and they measure 30x36... the inseam is definitely not limited to 32.

shameless self promotion: I'm also selling them in supermarket VVV, with pics of me wearing them in my thread.

anyone know where I can buy max cash online or in nyc?

if you are lucky, you will find your size at Famous Friends (E 9th St b/w B & C), grab an espresso from Ninth Street Espresso while you're out there.

if not, go to Barneys or Jeffrey, but you'll pay a lot more...

i ahve on pair of reg levis, overdyed black, but im thinking of investing in some slim jim dry blacks, are they worth it?

i like mine, and they get a decent amount of wear. they do sag quite a bit in the ass though, and i found they stretched heaps. i got my normal size (30), and although they were really tight at first, they stretched out a lot. i probably should have got a 29. it takes a really long time to get any decent fade either.

generally, though, great jeans.