Uniqlo X Helmut Lang (Plokhov)

ChaseDizzy

I didn't see a thread on this, so sorry if there is one, but I think this stuff is decent.

It's all sweat things and they're available on the 22nd and I'll prob end up grabbing a piece or 2. 

uniqlo-x-helmut-lang-collaboration-20.jp

244F338B_140406_09_A1_S.jpg

uniqlo-x-helmut-lang-collaboration-10.jp

Rest of the pieces are here:

http://racked.com/archives/2014/09/03/helmut-lang-uniqlo.php

http://hypebeast.com/2014/9/uniqlo-x-helmut-lang-collaboration

The chevron funnel neck is almost identical in the body to a Cloak hoodie that I have which is pretty cool

Edited by ChaseDizzy

the funnel neck pullover... makes me think of power rangers for some reason. that chevron hella throws me off tbh. i like the sweatshirts with the "rare hemlines" or whatever you wanna call them and the long hoodie with the double zip seems like something i've been trying to find for a while now. might pick up but it all depends on how it looks and feels in-store

for what it is, i thought some of the pieces were decent.  if they're well made when i get a chance to see them in person, i would prolly cop a piece or two.  that long hoodie with the double zipper also seems to have a double hood?  just as far as plain ol' basics go, i think the little helmut flare is actually not bad.  the price seems right.

The labeling and branding make it look like their other collaborations.  Quick google says PBJ doesnt own the trademark, thats pretty shady of Uniqlo.

"PBJ can’t do anything legally as they don’t own the international trademark for the name, they operate under Syoaiya Ltd. instead. Uniqlo can claim ignorance, yet someone at the company had to have known of PBJ’s existence. Simply Googling “Pure Blue Japan†brings up a host of information about the brand."

Edited by DaBestSpoona

I went to Uniqlo here in Japan today to buy some stuff for my daughter and they had this Plokhov colab out. I lold a bit when I saw the "Urban Sweats designed by Alexander Plokhov" tag but I actually think the collection works. Just doing sweats makes it a good fit for both companies imho. They did kid's, women's and men's sizes. I bought black sweats and got matching grey ones for my daughter. wifey was not interested lol

Didnt try on any of the tops, but I might go back for one of the bombers posted above and maybe a pullover and the skirt for my daughter. Quality seems to be a slight step up from usual Uniqlo sweats but its not night and day or anything. There is a zipper on the back pocket and snaps on the cargo pockets and they are nice enough. The pants are cut pretty slim all the way up, I sized up from my usual uniqlo sweats size (M to L) to get a bit of drop in the crotch.