Five Fave Beers

SuperCassette

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ well, corona is a nice summer beer, especially with a slice of lime.

bud is a good cheap beer that's very light. for when you're thirsty more than anything.

i bet none of you guys have heard of orion beer though. it's from okinawa (island to the south of mainland japan). every year they have a HUGE beer festival where everyone gets drunk and parties. it's awesome. i would put orion beer as one of my top 5 but it's too hard to get in the states. it's the perfect summer beer.

beerfest.jpg

beerfest2.jpg

beerfest3.jpg

1. Dogfish Head 60-minute IPA - perfectly hopped, and very hoppy, but not ridiculous like occasional sippers 90- and 120-minute.

2. Sam Adams Boston Ale - Never been a huge fan of Sam, but this is delicious stuff-creamy, heavy, even a little sweet, but well-balanced and drinkable.

3. Pilsner Urquell - Tastes cold. Perfect for drinking on a deck/patio.

4. Newcastle (on draft) - I know it's rare on draft (especially since the recent smythwick-izing of bars), but it's better that way. Gets points for good looks in bottles.

5.Schneider Aventinus - My concession to the Belgian-style stuff, even though this isn't really Belgian. Dark, sweet, strong, without the sourness that characterizes a lot of the Belgian stuff.

Hon mentions: Yuengling and National Bohemian for nostalgia, Guinness, Ballantine to match my belt buckle, sierra nevada, Allagash white, Lord Chesterfield because it's got a cool name, Negro modelo, Viking beer...

I mentioned the Dogfish Head also GREAT BEER. If you like that try

http://www.threefloyds.com/

They have some serious beer. Just outstanding.

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny, here in Belgium beer is a true religion....You might even not know but most of you guys are drinking belgian beers...:-)

Grimbergen, Leffe, Chimay, stella, jupiler, delirium tremens, Duvel ,Bellevue and so on ....

Tell me the beer you drink and I'll tell you who you are...:-)

It's funny, here in Belgium beer is a true religion....You might even not know but most of you guys are drinking belgian beers...:-)

Grimbergen, Leffe, Chimay, stella, jupiler, delirium tremens, Duvel ,Bellevue and so on ....

See post 120 and tell me who I am :-)

I assumed when you said that "beer is a true religion" that that meant beer was a gaudy, played-out overpriced pair of jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

what about us dos equis/ lambic drinkers?