VISVIM SS15

Vinneus

Thinking about picking up a boat style shoe for the summer...could you guys fill me in on the main difference between the Americana Folks and the Hockney Folks...is it primarily just the leather/suedes used?

Americana is a 3 hole Hockney is 2 hole iirc. ( too lazy to double check) nvm looks like Hockney is also 3 now. The Americana has horween leather I think Hockney is uk suede

Edited by Fycus

Hi Guys,

I know this isn't SS15 but it's the closest thread I could find where my question would be relevant.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with valuing a pair of Visvim FBT Shakers in beige that I have the opportunity to buy - size US10.

I can't get a hold of any decent quality images yet, but they're rated at an 8/10.

So i was wondering what the going rate nowadays would be for them?

This is the model I am referring to:

iycrvn.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Can anyone comment on the fit of Social Sculpture denim? I'm like a solid 29 in Levi's 511s and in raws all over the damn place depending on the brand. I don't want to jump to buying a pair of Visvim jeans without at least some idea of what I'm after.

Also Tokyo in two weeks, F.I.L. here I come.

04 : size up 1 

01 slim : TTS, or size up 1 fif you are after the baggy fit of HN and the FIL staff (which looks good as well)

03 : size up 1, but most people go TTS, but they look too slim this way IMO

Edited by emixam

I've been looking around at people more skilled than me measuring things and I've noticed that a lot of stuff I'm 29 in (Wings + Horns chinos, especially) seem to measure around 31.5, which would put me in a weird spot for sizing on Visvim stuff since 32 might be too small and the next step up would be huge. Do their chinos hold to the same standard?

Thanks!

have you seen the latest casa brutus? visvim has a 1500 dollar kutani-yaki coffee dropper this season. LOL

If they dropped at haven theyll drop at FIL for sure. I'll see if I can grab release info. Probably only ~47,000jpy retail

Edit already dropped 3/24 best to hit up your local proxy

Edited by Fycus

Hello!

So I finally purchased my first Visvim piece (Ballistic 20L in Black), it took me quite some time as it was hard for me to justify that much money on 1 piece, but I love it so much! And the problem now is that I want more!

The next item I would really like to get are some Visvim FBT, but I am unsure about the sizing. I read that most people go 0.5 down, but I am never really sure 0.5 down from what...

I wear a US10 in most Nike (roshe for example), US 9.5 in most Adidas, 9.5 in Qasa High, 43 in Paul Smith, 42/42.5 in KVA. I also have a fairly wide feet.

I would think 9.5 is my best bet, but I just want to be sure! Also there are a lot more second hand pairs in 9 so that would be convenient, but I am afraid it will be too small.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

depends on the year and model. I'm usually a size 10.5 in most shoes and i have a pair of FBT folk in 10 and they fit but are snug.  I also have size 10  FBT kudu and those have a little more room. Most leather stretches

Thanks! But that is my problem I don't get when people say 0.5 down, down from what? I feel like a lot of people talk about their Nike sizing but I am not sure... (I think for most people their Nike sizing is +0.5/+1)

My normal sizing is 9/9.5 and my Nike sizing is 10, so going a full size down might be a bit of a stretch...

I can get some FBT Sashiko in 9 brand new in my favorite colorway, but that will be an expensive mistake if I can't wear them.