VISVIM SS15

Vinneus

Does anyone know how the Grizzly boots fit compared to the Patrician boots?  I have the SS13 Patrician's in size 10.5 and would like to know if the Grizzly has a similar fit.  I've heard from one person that the Grizzly boots fit larger.  All feedback would be helpful.  Thanks

FYI - I bought a pair of the Grizzly FIL Exclusive (all leather) boots while I was in Japan.  I ended up buying a size 10.5.  I also have the Patrician in a size 10.5 and a size 11.  Sizing wise I feel the fit of my Grizzly boots is similar to the Patrician's but the toe box has a lower height.  In fact I was surprised to see how fitted the Grizzly's fit.  I was expecting them to feel more open and loose like a Red Wing boot fit.  Comparing the two I like the fit of the Grizzly's better than the Patricians.  The Patrician's in a size 11 fit a little big for me.  I normally wear a USA size 11 in most shoes and boots.  Hope this info helps.  

I just tried on my grizzly from FW12 or SS13. I sized down 1 size (from my usual Nike 10.5US) to 9.5. I normally wear size 10 Visvim FBT, and I gotta say a size 10 on these would probably fit better IMO. A size 9.5 fit just right with a thin socks, but for those of you who prefer a bit more room, get your usual size.

Ruco: or anyone else who own and use their Kudu Grizzly - does the leather stretch at all after breaking them in? My right foot is a tad longer than my left one, and its currently a tad too snag than Id like.

Edited by ken shinoda

^ I have the SS11 kudu for which I sized down 1. I wish I had got the 11.5 but yes kudu stretches a lot. I bought an othe riteration later in size 11 and couldn`t get stretch them enough so I ended selling them.

Here you can see how my big toes did stretch the leather :

10175253_272189499617613_379559284_n.jpg

I used to apply Saphir renovateur every 3 months on my Grizzly, but I haven't done it for the pas year because it indeed darkens them too much (the above pic was taken one year ago). They hold on well without actually, I just wipe them once in a while with a wet cloth. I heard the mink oil helps to soften leather up, not sure if that is true or not.

yeah, I remember you and I trying to track a pair back in 2011....we deserved these so bad !!I really like them. The stitching thread is pilling a lot right now, hope they will hold on well. Why did you stop wearing Vis  ? You once wrote :

[...]I'm slowly eliminating non visvim items from my life[...]

haha

Edited by emixam

yeah, I remember you and I trying to track a pair back in 2011....we deserved these so bad !!I really like them. The stitching thread is pilling a lot right now, hope they will hold on well. Why did you stop wearing Vis ? You once wrote :

[...]I'm slowly eliminating non visvim items from my life[...]

haha

Which stitching thread part are you talking bout? I'm curious to know how it'll look like after being broken in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently bought two pairs of Visvim Skagway sneakers from an online retailer.  Obviously I was not able to try these sneakers on before I bought them.  With that said I find these sneakers to be very uncomfortable.  The heel counter piece on the inside of the shoe rubs against the back of my heel making them very painful to walk in.  Does anyone else have the same issue?  If so have you found any fixes for this problem?