Supercilious

Stranger's Reactions to Your Clothes

just curious, please state your location because there's some conservative reactions/comments up in here..........i get the goth ninja reaction since this thread is inspired by zeigest to start with. 

Edited by tm

remembered this one from a while back but I was at an asian bubble tea place and this girl could not stop laughing at me like she was actually on the verge of tears and falling off her chair and squealing at her friend to turn around and "look at that guy in a dress or something" when i was wearing a 3 button jacket and wide pants

i was actually more surprised than offended or anything because it was as if this person had never been outside a 50m radius of her suburban neighborhood in her entire life or never seen a person in something other than jeans and a tshirt

i've lived in big cities my whole life and never outside of new york have i seen dudes in skirts other than a utilikilt

you are so progressive

I don't if that person lived in a hole fifty deep for their entire life or traveled all over--

the girl lacked class

some just don't know better and one day she's gonna run across someone who isn't so nice to just let it go or be the bigger person and get herself whupped

it was a joke  :ph34r:

hah I figured cos if so he wouldn't have the balls to say so, for fear of his life

he was this skinny asian kid, probably still in HS

"are you a pilot?" whilst wearing MA-1 and olive timbs

also remember a group of girls i liked circling like hyenas loled and pointed at my vince carter shox back in elementary school,

"they look like moon boots"

"are you going to outer space?"

I was walking down the street today, downtown, wearing an emerald green polo and some white jeans. Some dude in a 90s, rusty-spotted Mercury, pulls up at the light I just crossed. As I walk by some bro leans out the back window and calls, kind of lazily, "YOU LOOK STUPID IN GREEN." 

I was too surprised to say anything.

My reaction to a stranger's reaction to my shoes:

Kid rocking skinny jeans, roshes and a Been Trill longsleeve: "I like your shoes. Those are New Balance C-Notes, right?"

Me: "…Fuck."

TA asked me "WHAT IS DOUBLE U TAPS" in front of the whole class on the first day of the discussion section last quarter

another time this dude came up to me and complimented me on my apcs then proceeded to tell me about how he had seen me at uniqlo and thought my fit was cool cuz I was wearing a supreme backpack or something.

weirdest part is that I don't live close to a uniqlo and hadn't been to the one he was talking about in about 3 months so I guess my fit made a lasting impression on him somehow 

'you look like you're left handed' (i'm not)

i don't even know

Edited by Tiberius93

Idk man it's not like it's a bad thing, I just didn't know left handers had a look haha

"Why you wearing no socks??"

lol i get this one everytime

"aren't you hot wearing that?"

Nobody in FL knows what linen is, or fashion at all for that matter. If it isn't boat shoes, polos, and cargo shorts you're either 'from europe' or 'are you gay?'

So I'm like, bia, it's 100 degrees/80% humidity out here I'd be hot wearing anything.

at a party thought it was pretty funny hahah

girl: "hey did you come from work"

Me: "no"

girl: "do you always dress like a gothic waiter?

I was walking down the street today, downtown, wearing an emerald green polo and some white jeans. Some dude in a 90s, rusty-spotted Mercury, pulls up at the light I just crossed. As I walk by some bro leans out the back window and calls, kind of lazily, "YOU LOOK STUPID IN GREEN." 

I was too surprised to say anything.

haha i'm surprised he didn't say "YOU LOOK STUPID"

Edited by mr fluffernutter