Stranger's Reactions to Your Clothes

Supercilious

Totally stealing this from Zeitgeist, but it's a great thread over there, and will probably work just as well here.  Just post what people do when they see some of your more, shall we say, risqué clothing.  Compliments, insults, whatever.  I guess I'll kick it off with my one of my very few encounters.

While wearing my Ann D peacoat at the bank

"Did you get that at Banana Republic?" (some random woman)

"No, it's Ann Demeulemeester"

"You should try Banana Republic, it looks like it would be your style"

Keep in mind that I was wearing it with Zamb dnas and a1923 boots

Not sure if I should be insulted or not

lol

I was wearing my cdg skirt once down market street and some random du strolled up to me, bend down and with both hands in a 👈 position..said "boom! I like that" and walked away

but in sf I have a feeling I can wear anything and get away with it; particularly on certain weekends.

including my limi feu dress dubbed the snow white dress by another colleague

Totally stealing this from Zeitgeist, but it's a great thread over there, and will probably work just as well here.  Just post what people do when they see some of your more, shall we say, risqué clothing.  Compliments, insults, whatever.  I guess I'll kick it off with my one of my very few encounters.

"you basic betch can't you see what I'm wearing you really think my high fashion can be had at banana republic"

Scoffs whips back hair and walks away 

supreme-hebrew-logo-new-era-caps-1.jpg

every person i know that reads hebrew: yo what's "עליון" supposed to mean??

me: it says supreme in hebrew

them: wow u got that custom made right?

me: no supreme made it

them: woah how much was it

me: i dunno like 40 bux

them: i'll give u 20 bux for it right now

me:.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I get a kick from the looks I get whilst walking around in public after not shaving, grooming my hair and wearing bummed out clothing and then getting phone calls where I confirm my title as Dr. ... and start talking all technical.

Or alternatively sitting next to ppl on the train who think you are some refugee and busting out a scientific paper or book about psychoanalysis.

It proves just how fickle and superficial people in big cities are, when their preconceived attitude towards you suddenly changes after they hear you talk.

supreme-hebrew-logo-new-era-caps-1.jpg

every person i know that reads hebrew: yo what's "עליון" supposed to mean??

me: it says supreme in hebrew

them: wow u got that custom made right?

me: no supreme made it

them: woah how much was it

me: i dunno like 40 bux

them: i'll give u 20 bux for it right now

me:.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

These people are so cheap ;) ....

Jokes on you when you find out she's actually in full Elena Dawson and just mocking you.