Stranger's Reactions to Your Clothes

Supercilious

wearing a button shirt instead of a tee shirt, everything else the same, "why have you dressed up today? are you going on a date???" 

This,

i never wear regular t-shirt, just under sweater or shirts sometime or at home, idk just dont like it and i ALWAYS almost only wear button up,

always get the same thing.

i mean, when my brother tryna dressup for a diner he put a button up shirt and ask me if hes too classy.. man i wear that everyday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

reactions at West Point are the best. a few from today, while wearing Sasquatch Fabrix henari  coat and YYPH burgandy/rust floral trousers (ssense sale pretending i have money):

"you look like you are going to the Yule Ball" (goblet of fire reference, well played)

"give it here Malfoy" (we get it, harry potter)

"what if i told you, that you are wearing a robe in public"

also notable although less related, full bird colonel told me, "you need to get a hair cut, make an appointment Teen Wolf"

reactions at West Point are the best. a few from today, while wearing Sasquatch Fabrix henari  coat and YYPH burgandy/rust floral trousers (ssense sale pretending i have money):

"you look like you are going to the Yule Ball" (goblet of fire reference, well played)

"give it here Malfoy" (we get it, harry potter)

"what if i told you, that you are wearing a robe in public"

also notable although less related, full bird colonel told me, "you need to get a hair cut, make an appointment Teen Wolf"

imho if you're in a military academy fashunz is probably the last thing on ur mind 

Wearing a damir turtleneck and obscur leather (it's cold in Wisconsin...)

Without the leather: "you look like a photographer",

"you look like you're going to a poetry slam" etc. etc. all day

With the leather (only one comment all day): "you look like a scary ass m/f."

Should mention I was black on black on black. I'm kind of taking the whole scary thing as a compliment.....

imho if you're in a military academy fashunz is probably the last thing on ur mind 

fashunz is the #1 thing on my mind at school. today i dreamed of yyph and dries ss15  and the possible synergy between the two.  and im a lit major. and ill graduate and have nothing to do with either of those things.

its the same as your boss saying that when you go home you should continue to work on what you left off on at work, and then you should sleep then wake up, and continue working on not fashunz.

West Point is above all a leadership institution that tries to build leaders, most people get out of the army after the 5 year commitment, dealing with people with various interests and outlooks on life is an essential part of being a leader. I would argue if there were not people like me, (there really aren't many into fashunz and such) then this place would just be one big pot of group thinking idiots who get into the real army and won't have the perspective to deal with weirdos wearing rick owens and that play magic the gathering.

tl/dr; you are probably right.

on my rick owens adidas (fw14)

"those look like speed boats!"

"damn your boy got the anime joints on"

"what's the back part for? what were they made for?"

i love them, and i live for the reactions

monohull kicks i need some catamarans

fashunz is the #1 thing on my mind at school. today i dreamed of yyph and dries ss15  and the possible synergy between the two.  and im a lit major. and ill graduate and have nothing to do with either of those things.

its the same as your boss saying that when you go home you should continue to work on what you left off on at work, and then you should sleep then wake up, and continue working on not fashunz.

West Point is above all a leadership institution that tries to build leaders, most people get out of the army after the 5 year commitment, dealing with people with various interests and outlooks on life is an essential part of being a leader. I would argue if there were not people like me, (there really aren't many into fashunz and such) then this place would just be one big pot of group thinking idiots who get into the real army and won't have the perspective to deal with weirdos wearing rick owens and that play magic the gathering.

tl/dr; you are probably right.

hold on you're a lit major at west point?

oh.

ok.

hold on you're a lit major at west point?

oh.

ok.

yeah, it doesnt really matter for me. I've always been a fan of doing what I like and Literature is pretty cool, not really much of an academic in the first place. I have at least 5 years of active duty once I graduate so job security isn't really an issue. Getting jobs after Army career is fairly easy with WP back ground as long as you are likeable. I won't wear any sufu approved clothing to job interviews so I should be fine. i think at the end of the day it boils down to signing up to serve and once you graduate you arent an engineer, or doctor, or business man, or lit dude, you are just in the army doing your thing whether its infantry or logistics. its all no big deal at the end of the day, i dont think too much about beyond the 5 years, if i cant line up a job ill just stay in the army. i dont know if thats what you were making fun of me for or not, but yeahhhh

• 2 weeks later...

In honor of dis thrad I'm tuckin my 5OOObk 'damn forgot I even had dese' jawnzays ,

Into my pyrex over smartwool sockz. 

This Weekend, It Beez Goinnn downnnn

*RC varsity + blindingly brite marmot royalblu flannel x some other iffyshiid I still own to compliment I dare reactions mfrs as such.. . -not shown

Edited by __3xL

yeah, it doesnt really matter for me. I've always been a fan of doing what I like and Literature is pretty cool, not really much of an academic in the first place. I have at least 5 years of active duty once I graduate so job security isn't really an issue. Getting jobs after Army career is fairly easy with WP back ground as long as you are likeable. I won't wear any sufu approved clothing to job interviews so I should be fine. i think at the end of the day it boils down to signing up to serve and once you graduate you arent an engineer, or doctor, or business man, or lit dude, you are just in the army doing your thing whether its infantry or logistics. its all no big deal at the end of the day, i dont think too much about beyond the 5 years, if i cant line up a job ill just stay in the army. i dont know if thats what you were making fun of me for or not, but yeahhhh

I honestly didn't know that West Point offered Lit; always thought of it as military officer/politico training grounds.  I was coming off pretty douchey so I appreciate the serious response. 

Edited by po_boy_fuuma_hatesbürgerz

I honestly didn't know that West Point offered Lit; always thought of it as military officer/politico training grounds.  I was coming off pretty douchey so I appreciate the serious response. 

yeah, we actually really center our academics on engineering, i think our program is around top 10... politics and soft sciences are second most popular and then the really soft stuff like lit, management, and leadership are kinda the forgotten majors. WP does all of its military training in the summer and then school year is just a really strict school with uniforms etc. and required physical (survival swimming, gymnastics, boxing, combatives) and military knowledge classes. our core curriculum probably has the most required classes anywhere. didnt even start my major till Junior year and still have more core classes to take.

no worries, its the internet.

• 1 month later...

walking thru a philly train station, group of black guys: "damn look at this n**** in all black, he ready to fight someone" 

wasn't even wearing like goth ninj stuff just uniqlo coat and jeans/derbies... always ready tho