• doughnut
    • black doughnut
  4. 4. pocket bags

• chambray
    • flannel
    • herringbone
    • standard

Shaping up to be my dream pair!

Edit: is it possible to get 5 buttons for the smaller sizes as well, was sorta bummed out my size 29 1108 only had 4 buttons :/

Edited by Johnc

well hopefully the everyone keeps there interest :)

Ed is set to meet with Miki san sometime in September and hopefully finalize all our details 

Wow, this is getting fucking serious! Obviously voted flannel pocket bags, would it be the same as used on their shirts? Not that I know what that feels like, but gives me something to gauge on the thickness of them.

Which of these fits are most similar to Samurai 710xx? Seems like it would be the 1101, which is what I voted for.

Good question.  The S710XX has a great fit -- conforms to the body.

My preferred cut made the cut (no pun intended) and although I do have a preference for a certain combination of the remaining details (which also happens to be in the lead :D), the alternatives are also nice and it all just makes me super hopeful this goes through.

I might even be willing to get a pair of 0105 and 1101 if it comes down to it...

Shaping up to be my dream pair!

Edit: is it possible to get 5 buttons for the smaller sizes as well, was sorta bummed out my size 29 1108 only had 4 buttons :/

dont think so mate , it would mean changing the pattern and would add to the price 

Which of these fits are most similar to Samurai 710xx? Seems like it would be the 1101, which is what I voted for.

imo the 1108 is pretty close but does not taper as much as the 710 , the 1109 would be close as well but the rise is lower and tapers more below the knee

Looks like it's going to be a 50/50 blend of wild cotton and the regular zim cotton.

I'd be interested in getting a weight on the fabric though.

that will all be sorted between Ed and Miki but I would suspect 14-15oz as fullcount is known to stick to "regular" weight denim

I wear both. True waist 30, 710 size 30 and fullcount 1108 size 29(almost everyone downsizes cos of the large waist). I would say my FCs feels a teeny weeny bit more fitted in the top block than my 710's. 1108 slightly less ass give and slightly less room in the knees.

Knee down, the samurais and the full counts CAN feel similar depending on your height and how much you hemmed the 710. Taper is gradual and starts a little late on the 710, with roomy knees for my build. For my 5ft 10" height, they feel the same. I would say the taper on the 710 is only evident if you can utilize almost all of the inseam, if not it does feel kinda slim straightish.

They look the same in the mirror for me.

Edited by Johnc

Frankly, there's no amount of size up [or down] on any of FC models u can do that'd pass or even come to a close equivalent to the "feel" & drape of the 710s__ not even [on another] Samurai model, IMO :)

Based on experience, if u have light to medium lower body frame, 1108 should work fine ... & if medium to athletic/large thighs, 0105 & 1101 should be able to accommodate u stylishly comfortable

Edit:

To clarify, i'm NOT saying 710s the best cut ever__ just saying FCs fit & wear quite differently than .... like my 1108

Edited by BrownMetallic

I'm in for the 0105 all the way. The details and limited run are reason enough to grab a pair despite already owning the 0105. Zim cotton for the warp and wild cotton for the weft is so tight. I'm fairly certain I'll order two pairs if this thing happens.

that was my understanding too BM , Ed had originally said about a wild cotton weft but i dont know if this came from Miki san or not 

( ill do my best to find out , more details will be available soon )