• standard
    • doughnut
    • black doughnut
  4. 4. pocket bags

• chambray
    • flannel
    • herringbone
    • standard

IIRC the S0500 and the S0505 were different denim (now I'll have to rummage my collection to find my unworn pair of S0500XX and compare it). I remember when I picked up the BiG USA collab (last of the deadstock 0505 denim - did the re-release S0505XX-RR just use the regular 15oz from the S0510XX?). 

You are right, the 505 used a different denim. And so did the S0510XX66-2 for example.

S0500XX was first introduced in 2009 and together with the 15oz Texas Cotton denim. So the S0500XX alwas came with Texas Cotton denim (to my knowledge)

edit: remember the S0500XX contest back then? that was the start of the S0500XX cut

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

From left to right: Fullcount, BiG x Samurai USA model, Samurai S0500XX. 

Apologies for the crappy Samsung S3 photo, but that's all I've got on hand atm. The USA and S0500XX have been hot soaked and dried already. I'd say the Fullcount feels similar in texture to the USA model (obviously not in colour, though the FC may be more blue once hotsoaked).

4de88cf7-6f8c-4819-a438-f716159aae9a.jpg

Hmmmm... Guessing the euro/gb contingent are going to have to wait due to the French air controllers indulging in one of France's favourite national pastimes - let's extend our Easter/Christmas/summer/whatever holiday. Aka a strike.

Keep the info/pictures coming those who can - the rest of us can live vicariously through you for awhile :-)

You are right, the 505 used a different denim. And so did the S0510XX66-2 for example.

S0500XX was first introduced in 2009 and together with the 15oz Texas Cotton denim. So the S0500XX alwas came with Texas Cotton denim (to my knowledge)

edit: remember the S0500XX contest back then? that was the start of the S0500XX cut

That was before 2009. I bought my lot 9 s0500 Texas cottons in early 2007 and the contest was already in full swing then.

Edited by fre-co

for those of you who wants to see a pre and post soak

size 34 1109 .  ( cold soak 1 hour and line dried.)

first 3 photos are RAW size 34 1109

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

next 3 pictures are soak  size 34 1109

IMG_7390.jpg

FullSizeRender_1%202.jpg

FullSizeRender%202.jpg

SIZE 34 1109 FULLCOUNT SPECIAL FABRIC . 15 OZ ZIMBABWE COTTON WILD AND REGULAR  COMBINATION.

Pre Soak

Waist 17 3/8
Front Rise 11 1/8
Back Rise 14 5/8
Thigh (BIG) 12.5
Thigh (SE) 12 6/8
Knees 8 5/8
Leg opening 8

Post Cold Soak

Waist 17 5/8 (stretched)
Front Rise 10 7/8
Back Rise 14 4/8
Thigh (BIG) 12 5/8
Thigh (SE) 12.5
Knees 8 3/8
Leg opening 7 6/8

Hi Ed thanks for the measurements and this awesome pair of customized FC! I have a question for who ever soaked and dried their pair, whats the shrinkage like for the inseam? Kinda wanna gauge how much it'll shrink before I go and get it hemmed.

Thank you

EDIT: nevermind looks like I didn't read previous posts, it shrinks about 1.5in on the inseam.

Edited by whackedout

If the fabric reacts like the 13.75 Zimbabwe cotton, the inseam will continue to shrink in the dryer over the course of the next two cycles beyond the initial tumble.

Alright they're here!

The denim is very rigid and crisp, nothing like the 13.7 oz that Fullcount usually uses.

The color is almost black when compared to some of my other pairs. And I agree with saintkeat's comparison with the Strike Gold 21XX fabric. I have a pair of 2105's but forgot to snap a picture to compare the color, since this pair is now in the wash.  :P

zXd2CvT.jpg?1

2ptJJdj.jpg

Great olive herringbone pocket bags and Universal rivet backing:

ZOJCkah.jpg

Rounded off back pocket rivets and mixed stitching colors, another great detail! 

Fs3jjqJ.jpg?1

Black lacquer laurel wreath top button and waistband tag:

FhNj7Pb.jpg?1

Selvedge and weft comparison to my 13.7 oz 1101's:

sdRPlV1.jpg?2

Color comparison to the 1101's, which have been washed quite a few times:

7KsJ4ln.jpg?1

qKWKcqm.jpg?1

And another denim comparison, my Roy RT1002's for color:

iZLaMjO.jpg?1

I'll be sure to post plenty of pictures once they're out of the wash too!

Thanks John, I'll report back once I have them on my legs.

From what I can tell they are noticeably heavier and the denim is very much different from the 13.7 oz.

It's tough to compare the two pairs I have right now because I've washed my 13.7 oz. pair a bunch and they're very soft and light.

I hear ya Broark. It's not easy to compare raw to an older pair of washed jeans! I have a pair of 1101 in 13.7 oz. size 34 and like 'em but would like something a bit heavier. I like FC's XX denim but I don't think Ed's pair is quite that heavy.

John