Lawless denim - kickstarter project

blm14

My apologies then mate. I read it as people looking for Japanese/ US brand (level of) quality at lower prices, which I believe is available, but if your referring to brands specifically located there then you are absolutely correct due to the relative labour costs involved.

Btw (general point), because a brand can afford to be cheaper due to labour and material costs doesn't make them unethical, it makes them relative to their domestic market (should they choose to be). Something I learned through visiting and speaking to many brands based in Indonesia, Malaysia and China is that the majority of companies exploiting sweatshop labour are Western, not domestic.

Although it is fair to say that some other countries are far more exploited, Vietnam and Bangladesh for example.

Ok, I'm out of this thread, never really cared for this brand or even what they were trying to do. I only took a passing interest as I know that Sal (DirtyDenim) is a stand up guy.

i guess i never updated.  i actually received my RTW jeans long ago and both fit better than my first pair (changed out the cut to slim straight).

ive only worn the 10.5oz denim since its been too hot/humid in socal to wear the 14 oz or whatever thickness it was.

that being said im not entirely surprised as to whats happening.  i mean, come on, $35 jeans.

& another employee letting some more stuff out of the bag except he said things i wasn't ready to say.  They are all true and so much more to come.

Thats 3 ex employees all saying pretty much the same things

Edited by DirtyDenim1

• 3 weeks later...

Have´nt they not already closed business and burned the house down?

I have only get 1 update information for my order # ... that was 5 weeks ago when Roman got some free time beside bike-riding and posting nutty videos.

Since my order, 24 weeks past ... so I expact nothing from them beside the news that their business is dead.

Anyone know something more?

overdRAWn

P.S.: I am already on selvedgestyle.com to read the latest stories

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

JUSTICE!  Wow.  

I never purchased anything from them but I have followed the Lawless saga very closely.  The number of insane things uncovered in the selvage style forum, utterly failed rebranding attempts, etc was a spectacle to behold.  

Edited by HGS

• 3 weeks later...