earrings

xcoldricex

you should check out custom steel

http://www.customsteel.com/2001/RJ/

very well made and well worth the money. i couldn't find any place online that offered the designs they had. unless you want the earrings that can be found at the local mall kiosk.

next best alternative would be to check out a local tattoo and piercing shop.

14 to 8 isnt that bad. my first stretch i went from a standard 18 to an 8 and i can really say that is felt like my ears felt really warm. the from the 8 i went to a 4 with the same expience but had a little bit of blood. i went to 0 before i took them out permenantly.

Yea, like I said on the other SF (as denimaddict) I am an eight guage. Its not a big deal to go up to an eight. The only one that hurt was from 10 to 8 and it didn't hurt much at all. Of course, use something tapered and pointy(like captive bead rings that don't have blunt ends) and just take a little time at each step. Oh, and I iced my ears before putting the bigger ones in. I like 8 because it doesn't look that big, but is still cool.

EDIT: If you end up wanting something from custom steel and cant find it, I can probably find it here in SC and ship it out to you

coldrice, I dunno if you wanna skip 12. Just go step by step, it wont take too long if you continually soak the holes in salt water and shit. Hot topic sells packs of rings that are 14, 12, and 10, if you have one nearby. The jewlry is cheap too. I would still go up to eight before you buy anything expensive, but thats just me. It can get addicting, stretching, but if you get to the size you wanna stop at and then buy some expensive jewelry you may be less inclined to keep going.

I have to say that I do own two chrome hearts pieces that I got as gifts. I wear em when I wanna feel like a rock star lol. They are regular sized studs though.

not planning on doing anything big. maybe i'll just have to drop some money on nice stuff.

at 8g is the hole very visible when you take out the earrings?

I have 8g and take mine out for work (I work in a corporate office). It's noticable that you have a piercing but not attention grabbing. I have to put something in my ear every few days so it doesn't close up.

not planning on doing anything big. maybe i'll just have to drop some money on nice stuff.

at 8g is the hole very visible when you take out the earrings?

At 8g it's evident you have your ears pierced, but it's not going to be some obtrusive gaping hole in your lobes.

people still stretch their lobes? i gave that up last year (at 4g), and i was the last out of everyone i knew.

i took mine out like 2-3 years ago because i was scared of them ripping or someone pulling them. but back to the topic i wouldnt suggest doing what i did..i dont even know why the shop suggested me doing as my ears felt warm for the next few days. from the 8 i went step by step. if your really considering going big you can always get a dermal punch. it might hurt a lot and you'll see a lot of blood.good luck with stretching!

no dermal punches- those don't heal too well and i can't be walking around with huge holes in my ears in the professional world- wasn't ever fond of the big stretches anyhow. i'm still toying with the idea of going to 8, but maybe my laziness will get the best of me- then i'll just buy some silver earrings that i like and not do any stretching. thanks again for the input everyone.

• 4 years later...
I have gross lobes from when I stretched them 6 years ago... I wish I could get them fixed..

You can get them fixed, my cousin had stretched lobes, and they can surgically cut/re tack part of the lobe. If you look closely its obviously not totally normal, but its pretty unnoticeable.

• 2 weeks later...
I have gross lobes from when I stretched them 6 years ago... I wish I could get them fixed..

I had my ears stretched to 1/2" they've now shrunk up to about a good 00g size, still very noticeable though...the way I see it...there will soon be soo many kids with massive drooping cats assholes for earlobes that mine will soon seem very normal...just gonna ride it out, I've considered getting them "fixed" but I've never really been 100% with it