Rick Owens S/S 15 - Paris

bill

The end of Rick isn't close. He keeps on expanding.

His men's spring/summer seasons are usually his weakest as opposed to the rest of his. 

Rick and his team really make fashion shows. Store are always buying the lame basics, trainers and leather jackets and the runway is sold to his flagships and some other stores that can sell them, so why not have fun with the runway shows instead of showing the same leather jackets and drapy t-shirts on a runway?

The show was great. What might look like prints of drawings are embroideries. The potato sacks are just big flowy garments that looked great on the runway and look like something perfect to wear in the summer.

The music? Something people would werk 2.

Uglier Dickdidas? Why not! People are going to buy anyway.

People keep referring his models as the "Rick Tribe" (or army) and he calls his man an 'unfuckable jellyfish' and that's what was sent down the runway.

I want to take this opportunity to thank BILL for contributing everything he does to this forum!

Also I really loved this rick collection. I love that he brought back elements of his older seasons like the unhemmed denim with great washes, and stuff like the slings have been reimagined. I dont see any of this as new or "unrick" or anything, he started showing his collections with color and oversized shapes. Do people forget that he designed a collaboration for eastpak or that he was the head designer of revillon? I think this adidas this is the best it could be, It made me buy my first pair of adidas shoes ever. Rick has used the model of nike for his "dunks" and "geobaskets" and converse for his "ramones" so why is using anything adidas somehow unacceptable? If you dont like the shoes that is, of course, fine, but to condemn the entire company to being destroyed by a simple collaboration considering the history of this company I think is A. unintelligent and B. useless. This collection puts him more in the direction of Walter and Bernhard. all of this could, should and will be worn to underground gay clubs all over the world and it will be amazing!

All that being said sign me right up for oversized denim overall/sleepingbag and metallic silver running boots. actually sign me up for everything pink shorts included!

springblade owens :(

fashion has surrendered to big business

the end is near for Rick, big business destroys all good things.

The entire reason we know who Rick is and why he works in Paris instead of LA is because he sold out to Italians and accepted a nod from Wintour, nearly 15 years ago. None of us were into or aware of him when he was actually cool, so saying "ey i liked rick since crust that was five years ago!!" gives you no more agency to the clothing than someone who showed up after hearing the name in a rap song.

I never liked ricks clothing personally, but have respect for his design and the clothes / following hes made. To say that rick is releasing this to fulfill his own desire to remain a designer while maintain a profitable business is a crock of shit. Its uninspired, dull, and most of it relies heavily on his partnership with adidas (embroidered stuff excluded, which is actually nice). I might also assume as much as adidas paying owens corp a ton of money to ensure their brand logo be placed on the toe of his shoes. This isn't minimalist design or the evolution of owens, this is a an inspiring brand and aesthetic that is in bed with large corporations drooling over potential financial figures. Hell, the brand made $120 MILLION dollars in 2014, I would be on the same page but I don't patronize the brand for doing this. 

Edited by Fycus

The adidas collaboration gives Rick access to technology that he doesn't have available; specifically these unusual soles, none of which can be made on the tools that are available to Rick through whatever factory he contracts his footwear to. It's the same reason he agreed to the Eastpak collaboration, which was a brilliant little collection; he did it to get his hands on a heatlock (?) machine they had.

not really feelin it, but as bill has pointed out, his summer collections are always weakest (i don't think i've liked any of his summer collections since anthem). i kinda like the idea of running in rick springblades, but i don't really wanna pay hundreds of dollars to do so. otherwise, they seem really impractical for daily wear. there are some nice a-lines going on here; some of the materials and colorblocking remind me of raf but in a muted, earthy palette. the double breasted coat looks very nice--too bad it'd never properly fit a shorty like me :<

The adidas collaboration gives Rick access to technology that he doesn't have available; specifically these unusual soles, none of which can be made on the tools that are available to Rick through whatever factory he contracts his footwear to. It's the same reason he agreed to the Eastpak collaboration, which was a brilliant little collection; he did it to get his hands on a heatlock (?) machine they had.

the difference is springblade is a dumb gimmick with no actual athletic performance whatsoever, plus the shoes suck, so why bother?

the blades dont even point in the right direction

As I have already indicated the first Rickdidas were designed first and found to be in need of a partnership to produce more cheaply and efficiently in a second stage. These ones are different...

the blades dont even point in the right direction

what do you mean by this?

• 2 weeks later...