what a fuckin goal, he even had a look around his shoulder before he took it on the chest. the match hasn't finished yet, but im' looking forward to the excuses from uruguay.

i'm pissed that colombia meet brazil in the next round though, all the good teams are knocking each other out. chile could've made the semis easily i think. 

I give robben's dive a 10

there's no doubt that he made much of the contact, but marquez challenge was very very clumsy and worth of a penalty. you can't do these kind of challenges in the box, marquez should really know better. he should have had a yellow for his previous dive though (he even admitted it on tv), but then he also had a clear penalty denied.

mexico did have their fair share of crap refereeing decisions throughout the tournament though, but this game their fairly lost

there's no doubt that he made much of the contact, but marquez challenge was very very clumsy and worth of a penalty. you can't do these kind of challenges in the box, marquez should really know better. he should have had a yellow for his previous dive though (he even admitted it on tv), but then he also had a clear penalty denied.

mexico did have their fair share of crap refereeing decisions throughout the tournament though, but this game their fairly lost

yea, first one was a dive, second time he got hacked down and should have had a penalty and the more i saw the replays of the one at the end the more i agree with the decision. as a player, i know getting stepped on by cleats is no joke and can easily make you go down, but he did make the most of it of course because it's robben we're talking about.

herrera really fucked up taking dos santos out so early in the second half and sitting back.

i find it a little alarming that there hasn't been 1 [that i know of] caution given for diving yet, when there have been plenty of blatant dives that have warranted it. refs in the premier league handle it pretty well, but it's strange that it's not being punished in this tournament.

getting flashbacks of Australia - Italy 2006

in both cases I think a penalty was warranted, even if Robben and Grosso played it up a bit, it's the 92nd minute and defenders should really expect it and be more careful

what a fuckin goal, he even had a look around his shoulder before he took it on the chest. the match hasn't finished yet, but im' looking forward to the excuses from uruguay.

i'm pissed that colombia meet brazil in the next round though, all the good teams are knocking each other out. chile could've made the semis easily i think.

That's the strategy mate. Take out the threat now so in the finals it'll be a walk in the park

yooo all the "smaller teams" giving it all, only to end in heartbreak. 

the main difference is the depth of the squads.

when we played the dutch, as dos santos/moreno came off the whole match went to shit. they had huntelaar waiting to get a game.

Tonight it was lukaku, with an assist and a goal. while the U.S. had to bring on chris wondolowski to miss a golden chance. 

Colombia got jackson martinez lurking, etc.

friday will be fun

Edited by ifeelasleep

i'm pissed. howard keeps us in the game and all we can do is squander chance after chance. too much sloppy play and only have the keeper to thank that it wasn't 6-0.

yeah, it's frustrating because they're really missing that final touch that would allow them to turn all those opportunities into goals. that being said, I think Klinsmann being in charge for the next four years will allow him to further develop the team and with 2-3 world classe players, I truly think they would be able to challenge for the cup.

on a related note, I must have heard 20+ peoples in NYC discussing the offside rules and that can only be a sure sign that people are truly getting interested in football / soccer (or at least that usually how it starts with girls lol)

That was my reaction too, such a huge whiff

That was our best chance of winning it right there in stoppage time. Besides that I was pulling for a shootout honestly. We were extremely lucky to even be in the game, figured holding out just a bit longer was doable

Would rather have lost like we did than a shootout tho

Edited by jayrock