great costa rica uruguay game, nice upset on the part of the costa ricans espescially after that iffy penalty call

brazil penalty wasn't a penalty in a million years, diego costa's was very very very debatable, but this is as clear a penalty as you'll ever see.

I'm an LFC fan, so I've seen what Sterling is capable of in the domestic leagues. So excited to see him making an impact on the world stage - bodes well for Champions League too. Can't wait to see Uruguay - England, especially with the former backed into a corner already.

at least they were somewhat exciting to watch thanks to Sterling and Barkley.

can't wait to see Higuain, Mascherano, Di Maria, Kun Aguero and Messi all playing together tomorrow, have a feeling it could be Holland-like in terms of goal scoring.

gerrard should not be playing anymore, he looked sooooo slow though...

rooney past his game too IMO

maradonna is a twat, saying Messi can't be the best player in the world because he hasn't won a world cup yet. class A dickhead

Edited by uhhuh69

Portugal, just like England, always flatter to deceive. Neither of them ever show up when it counts. If they forget this and actually put some effort in then maybe they make it out of the group stage but very, very rarely past the quarters. I feel this is one reason Ronaldo doesn't play his best for the National team because he seems surrounded by other players who can't be bothered. Unlike United or Real when at their best where everyone was/is giving their all.

Portugal, just like England, always flatter to deceive. Neither of them ever show up when it counts. If they forget this and actually put some effort in then maybe they make it out of the group stage but very, very rarely past the quarters. I feel this is one reason Ronaldo doesn't play his best for the National team because he seems surrounded by other players who can't be bothered. Unlike United or Real when at their best where everyone was/is giving their all.

yea i agree. this england team has a little more promise than the last two worlds cups imo though. sterling and sturridge and welbeck and rooney seemed like a good attacking line up see how those are attacking partnerships from club level. give barkley a start and you have a really potent mix of youth and experience, a couple tricksters and a couple finishers, plus some team chemistry from playing so many games together. still can't see them getting past the quarter or semis, but i'd love to see a team like holland, argentina or england win the cup instead of one of the usual suspects.

portugal on the other hand will probably have a bad tournament. with an already lackluster showing, the injuries and suspensions will really hurt.

Edited by Rob060

that was a beauty of a goal!!! Australia played really well and Holland defence did look quite shaky at time. It didn't change the outcome, but no way this pas a penalty, 2 feel away and the defender didn't even move his hand, was unintentional as it can be.

quite shocked to see spain go out like that, would have expected them to rebound from last game. apart from the first ~15 min of the 2nd half where they came out with a vengeance, they played so poorly. such sloppy passing for a team that has always been known for possession. 

very bad display by spain, the 5 goals by holland really dented their pride and morale

it's probably a good thing that they're out early in the competition

australia's game was a joy to watch, cahill's goal was pure class

australia was playing at their best but holland was sub par

however experienced team has experience to turn bad games around

WC2014 has been entertaining so far, much better than 4 years ago

1-0 to england.

just call me uhhuh69, the score predicting octopus

Damn, Ivory coast lost, Africa may provide a lot of players to european leagues but it is probable none of their teams will make it...

I'm pretty sure SA countries would just kill their players if this happened.

Edited by Fuuma