who watching it? who you think gonna win?

croatia vs brazil starting now

tbh i think croatia outclassed Brazil up until halfway through 2nd half. Brazil have got such an easy group stage, they're bound to go through and probably end up in the final or at least the semi's

tbh i think croatia outclassed Brazil up until halfway through 2nd half. Brazil have got such an easy group stage, they're bound to go through and probably end up in the final or at least the semi's

i don't think anyone has brasil making the final, they'll go out in semis or quarters even if they play the way they did against croatia.

with that said spain is the team to beat, they have a dynasty on their hands, but i think france and especially argentina could give them a run for their money.

spain playing netherlands tonight, that should be a good match. rooting for netherlands after england and s korea. want the finals to be switched up a bit instead of italy, france, spain etc but no one else really brings anything to the table.

very frustrating officiating for the first 2 games, penalty that wasn't for brazil (as well as the other decisions) and 2 perfectly good goals disallowed against mexico, but this game was truly exciting. I was of the opinion that this spain team was on their last leg, but never imagined them getting thrashed like this and they were extremely lucky "spaniard" diego costa wasn't sent off... 

after this first game, i really don't see either brazil or spain making it to the final

i want portugal to win but realistically my money is on the netherlands

interested in seeing how belgium is going to perform, seems promising

portugal's hopes ride on ronaldo actually showing up, he was pretty non-existent in the CL final

oh and robben's second goal today, i couldn't help but laugh when he stopped and cut past casillas to his left foot, poor guy...shame to see a legend go out like that, i would hope de gea gets the start next match.

Imo Uruguay gonna win this one.

definitely not Brazilians 

i doubt uruguay gets out of its group, its basically the same team as in 2010, but everyone is worse except for suarez.

4 good matches, miles ahead of the last world cup

Mexico/Croatia, Chile/Netherlands  going to be good

already better than 2010

it was better by default before it started, seeing as though we've finally got goalline technology and spray paint

it was better by default before it started, seeing as though we've finally got goalline technology and spray paint

And no vuvuzelas.

Hard to make predictions without having seen all the teams play yet. Would be nice to see Holland get a cup instead of self destructing. Would be nice to see Messi get a cup win to shut up old bums like Maradona and Pele who say he needs to win a world cup to be considered one of the greatest.

predictions for England & Italy? i think 2-1 to Italy

Edited by uhhuh69

italy - england was quite a good game, Italy seems to continue from their 2012 Euro form and play fair, attractive football instead of their "normal" cheating defensive crap. I might actually have to stop hating them if they continue like this. England was actually better than I expected, very exciting stuff from the youngsters, Sterling especially. gerrard should not be playing anymore, he looked sooooo slow though...

costa rica beating uruguay this way was quite a surprise, makes life very very difficult for england. was disappointed to see japan lose too, but then i really don't understand why they play with so little confidence....