A.P.C. Tight Trouser Sizing

Iambic_9

Hi, i'm about to order some of the A.P.C. black, tight cotton trousers (also available in grey/green) http://www.apc.fr/eu/en/fiche_article.php?ref=1C022512283H

From what I gather from previous posts there is a bit of dispute on the sizing. I have never ordered anything from them before so i'll tell you what sizes I am in other things and maybe you guys could help me out. These need to be ordered by tonight really.

So i'm a 30" waist in julian red jeans, a 28/29 in Dior Homme jeans BUT dior did a pant very similar to this and I was a 31 in that.

At the moment i'm thinking that i'll get a size 30" ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You'd probably want a 29-30 in these, you're right. I just tried these in New Cure and New Standard cuts in the store over the weekend in both the black and grey-green for both and couldn't button the top button on anything but 29's, 28"s if i really sucked in and risked busting the pants with my hips.

I wear a 28-29 in Dior raw as well.

These are super narrow, they're labeled as NS and New Cure but they're super tight in the leg like a lot of the colored jeans are, mush tighter than the corresponding raw jean style.

Side note, I find these really underwhelming as a pair of pants. The fabric is so unsubstantial, and the details are not there. No selvage (as on the black overdye denim NS's that creates that train-track tuxedo jean look), the NS cut only has 3 button flies and the New Cure cut has 2 button flies (just weird and cheap looking), these really seem to have a significantly shorter inseam (I'm guessing 30-32" neighborhood, nothing like the 34" raws, I'm 5'8-9 and sag my pants and found these too short for my liking), and the overall drape and look isn't anything special. I'd really prefer the black overdye NS or black overdye Cheap Mondays over these any day of the week.

Really, a shorter inseam?!!

I didn't know that. I'm 6'3 so this would not be a good purchase! I thought A.P.C. produced a 35 inseam on all their trousers. Thanks alot for the info and tip dismalfuture.

Gooowd, i need to find something similar to this now. I know that April 77 have just brought out a tight black chino trouser. Any ideas on the price and inseam length of those?

I walked into the shop this weekend really intending on buying these things but I was looking for stacking like a Dior pant at the bottoms but they ended up breaking on me like a trouser or regular jean that I'd have tailored at proper length. I've found APC washed finishes to be about 2" shorter in inseam. This kind of follows with most people's experiences with their fully washed/worn APC raws too I guess. The fabric on these is a totally different animal though, don't be confused. It's like half the weight of the denim and seems totally inappropriate for fall/winter wear. I would've done the black pants this summer in the boiling temps,they're that thin.

Dior is the only thing I've found with real inseam, you may have to bite the bullet if you're 6'3. I don't know what my budget alternative would be, regular 501 overdyes tailored really trim perhaps?

Dior is the only thing I've found with real inseam, you may have to bite the bullet if you're 6'3. I don't know what my budget alternative would be, regular 501 overdyes tailored really trim perhaps?

I have a pair of cheap monday overdyes 31x36 that i'm using as a dior alternative. Could have done with a 30 really but caliroots didn't have it.

I tried to get some dior cotton trousers on ebay retail £150 or something and they they went up to over £300.