Got my new Skulls

bart1

I wanted a lower rise, tighter fitting jean. I had come down to Dior and Skull, but I already have some Diors and like someting a little different. A little research on superfuture and wala! Skull sounded like what I needed. Shinichi went above and beyond for me. I ended up ordering the 5010xx in raw denim, not one wash like thet normally sell.

Delivery was quck, packaging was good. The denim and the details seem great on the jeans, though I am a newbie. The fit is......stiff. Hard to tell, but they are loose on the waist, tight on the @$$, and about right on the legs - though they are too long. However, I am gonna go ahead an soak them. Hopefully that will do the job. Here are a ton of pics for you.

Any thoughts on them?

DSC00786-1.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg (note the tag is Ed Hardy)

DSC00790.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! The fit seems a little odd, but we will see how the shrinking goes. I think it should work out okay, but I think the hip/waist ratio is gonna take some work to get right. Here is a self-taken side pic, you can kinda see how the butt is pretty fitted, but on the other pics, you can see the waist sticking out on the sides.

DSC00803.jpg

Thanks guys! The fit seems a little odd, but we will see how the shrinking goes. I think it should work out okay, but I think the hip/waist ratio is gonna take some work to get right. Here is a self-taken side pic, you can kinda see how the butt is pretty fitted, but on the other pics, you can see the waist sticking out on the sides.

DSC00803.jpg

what size do you normally wear and how much did those run you?

killer diller

Normally wear a 30 or 31. My best fitting jeans are 2 pair of Helmut Lang size 30.

Price wasn't too bad. Check out the different options on thier site. http://www.fabfour.co.jp Email them and Shinichi is very good to talk to - they will send you sizing charts for whichever ones you want. Tell him Bart sent you.

The jeans are in a hot soak in the tub for the next 4-5 hours. Soaked them for a few minutes, then replaced the water and turned them inside out.

i lusted after these jeans for 8 months before i finally got them...

bahnahnahs

i beleive that they used to be zip fly as the fab four site had a change on it to button [from what i could understand using google translator or babelfish]...there are still two versions of the 5010 the standard [as above] and the 6x6 shrinkproofed limited edition...i haven'tseen the 6x6 in real life so can't really compare but Mr Calvin Oscar has a pair and seems to be getting good results...

bart1

aside from twisting denim usually shrinks in one direction [i.e in length]...when jeans are laid out to on the denim to be cut...the waistband is usually laid out perpendicular to the way in sits on the jeans...so therefore the soak will shrink mostly the waistband and the length...

Hey guys, got a couple of questions (or requests for comparisons) in regards to the fit; In particular I'm interested in the but and lower leg silhouettes.

Hap

How does the fit of your skulls compare to your Dukes? I'm liking the Dukes but would probably prefer the leg opening to be a little slimmer.

Bart

How do the skulls compare to your Diors? (Well, first of all which Diors to you have?). I really like the fit of the Dior 19cm, particularly in the leg. I'm guessing the crotch of the Skulls will be less boxy, and the but more fitted. How do you find the lower legs compare?

If you guys wanted to be especially awesome a photo comparison would be excellent =)

I've been waiting like 9 months to get my Dukes (should be arriving sometime in the next few weeks/months/years... it's mad hard to get a 29" down to Melbourne). I like the fit in general, but like I said I would probably prefer something a little slimmer (my tastes have sorta changed over the months I've been waiting, lol).

I'd love some Diors but I can't justify them for that price, so if Skulls are kinda similar fit, with better denim and for a cheaper price then... well... I'd just have to get 'em!

Thanks heaps for the help y'all!

chapital

i have to say that the skulls are very similar to the dukes...at least on me in a size 30...

the bottom of the leg is very similar...and when i compared measuremements originally they were almost identical....the skulls are shorter...with more shape in the hip...

day one pics

raw-dukes.jpg

5010XXdayone.jpg

Hap - I hope so. After ~5 hours of soak and a roll and towel dry, I can tell the waist has changed. They are outside drying a bit, though it is cool and rainy here.

Nemo - No. Get them to send you a measurement sheet, but these 5010s run very fitted.

Yeah I got the sheet... The 5507 isn't as tight as the 5010, though. The waist on a 31 is 84 cm (I usually wear them slouchy and I'm a 85,5 cm waist) and the 32 is 36,5 so a bit vanity sized it seems. I could manage an inch of stretching, right?

I have size 48 21cm Japanese black raw Diors. I have worn the Diors for a while, but I can tell you these Skulls are much more fitted everywhere. To me, the details on the Skulls seem better. I do like the pocket detail on the Diors, but the top latch bugs me. Plus, mine are just about one or two sizes too big.

I still have the Skulls outside drying out right now. I'll put them back on again this afternoon and see how we are coming along.

Just got this mailer from Shinichi. This should make it easier to purchase a few items.

Hi to all the Skull Jeans and Japanese domestic brand fan.

Thank you for the many question and purchase into our Japanese site.

If you want to get Skull Jeans in secure surroundings......with

perfectly natural english!

So, OWN-magazine.com started international sales of our goods.

Please access OWN-magazine !

http://own-magazine.com/

The select line is as follows.

--DENIM--

5010XX

5000XX

5002XX

5508XX

--SHOES & Boots--

BLI113307 Vertical Rider DENIM

BLI113005 6inc.ShoeLace FakePython

*OWN-magazine is not direct-management shop of FABFOUR/ Skull Jeans.

Please question on details with OWN-magazine.com.

best regards,

by shinichi dozono.

P.S

Of course, we can ship international as before too at our site.

Though it is a E-mail base with a little funny english :-)

I have size 48 21cm Japanese black raw Diors. I have worn the Diors for a while, but I can tell you these Skulls are much more fitted everywhere.

am i missing something, or is this really funny? :D

anyway, i'd love to see some pics of you wearing them after they dry! very nice purchase, a strong candidate for my next jean for sure. and thanks for the pics, i like pics. pics pics pics.

[/rambling]

Just got this mailer from Shinichi. This should make it easier to purchase a few items.

Hi to all the Skull Jeans and Japanese domestic brand fan.

Thank you for the many question and purchase into our Japanese site.

If you want to get Skull Jeans in secure surroundings......with

perfectly natural english!

So, OWN-magazine.com started international sales of our goods.

Please access OWN-magazine !

http://own-magazine.com/

The select line is as follows.

--DENIM--

5010XX

5000XX

5002XX

5508XX

--SHOES & Boots--

BLI113307 Vertical Rider DENIM

BLI113005 6inc.ShoeLace FakePython

*OWN-magazine is not direct-management shop of FABFOUR/ Skull Jeans.

Please question on details with OWN-magazine.com.

best regards,

by shinichi dozono.

P.S

Of course, we can ship international as before too at our site.

Though it is a E-mail base with a little funny english :-)

jesus christ, thank god i don't need anymore jeans.

I have size 48 21cm Japanese black raw Diors. I have worn the Diors for a while, but I can tell you these Skulls are much more fitted everywhere. To me, the details on the Skulls seem better. I do like the pocket detail on the Diors, but the top latch bugs me. Plus, mine are just about one or two sizes too big.

Thanks bart! Looking forward to seeing how they turn out once they're dry =)